Member Array
    Car:
    FD1

09 FD Mugen style spoiler

Hey guys, ive been scowering the internet for a M style spoiler, found this one
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H13-0...c4c7c768e#shId
    will it fit an 09 VTi-L ?
    also does anyone know who can paint and fit it in or around melb? can the dealer do it?
    thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport 06
    As you will see from the following link http://www.handa-accessories.com/civ...ic-wing4dr.pdf the original honda wing comes with quite a few bits and pieces. I'd make sure these are coming with your ebay order, as the dealer may say they can not order separately.
    Honda dealer I contacted in Sydney about fitting an already painted one was going to fit it to my FD2 for around $180..so some will do it.
    Good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    the one in ur post jcroker is not the mugen rear wing. its more the optional honda spoiler. there are no brake lights or led's on the mugen ones, so no need for a harness and wiring. im not sure if there are also any need for the trunk springs.

i dont have a mugen spoiler myself, but ive seen friends that do have them on and it looks like a straight forward bolt on. if u know anyone that has experience in installing bodykits, im sure they'd be able to do it without too much hassle.

btw, i just noticed that the sample picture in that ebay ad is jace's (ozhonda member) old car lol.
    Last edited by aero; 22-04-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    well installing it looks pretty straight forward, though i still need to know if it will fit, was the boot lid changed at all in the 09 facelift?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    No the boot lid was not changed, it should fit fine. I dont think the mugen spoiler was even changed for the facelift.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    the one in ur post jcroker is not the mugen rear wing. its more the optional honda spoiler. there are no brake lights or led's on the mugen ones, so no need for a harness and wiring. im not sure if there are also any need for the trunk springs.

i dont have a mugen spoiler myself, but ive seen friends that do have them on and it looks like a straight forward bolt on. if u know anyone that has experience in installing bodykits, im sure they'd be able to do it without too much hassle.

btw, i just noticed that the sample picture in that ebay ad is jace's (ozhonda member) old car lol.
    LOL I just saw that too!!! ROFL. I provided it to speedilne to use for their LED tail lamps. The wing in my picture is real Mugen wing. If the replica is based on the original, it has 4 bolt on points (shares 4 of the bolt on points from the OEM Honda spoiler template; with the 5th one not used... that one is used for the LED brake light). Even without a template, it's not hard to install from what I can tell but I've never physically done the work myself. Let me know if you need a scanned copy of the template.

EDIT: ROFL, I realised that's the exact same pic I used in my For sale thread on OzHonda *points down*
    Last edited by JaCe; 24-04-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: LOL @ photo
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.

lol copyright that
    so misleading showing a genuine and selling a replica!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Haha from that angle and that far away, I don't think you'd be able to tell genuine from fake apart.
    FD1 & CZ4A Driver.