Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda prelude vti-r atts

advice..first car..my prelude

hey guys i have a 97 prelude atts vti-r manual..my car is in decent condition for 13 year olds..ppl think its a perfect first car..anyway..im looking to basically put my money into it..i want to get it perfect mechanically..cleaning it out..re-wiring it..no hanging wires etc..clean it all out, put a k&N cold air intake, and a full exhaust..no more im a p plater..and i need to respray my car..stone chips scratches and sun fade from the previous owner..i want to respray it black its silver at the moment..and then finish it with a pair of black chromes with a silver dish and a new sound system its stock at the moment..can any1 quote me a price for the respray and a good professional service on my motor? it would be great thank you..im planning to put about 5-7k on this car

respray exterior only should be roughly 3-5k depending on shop and quality of the job.

if u want the engine done, can cost anywhere to 10k, as you have to take the engine out.

i would say youre budget is probably too small for what you want to do with the car (if you want everything done quality and prestige)
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    For the black paint... I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper for you to sell your car and look for a black one...

Remember guys... Saving 2k on a car when you want it in a different colour or transmission, etc. It will cost you more in the long run then buying it stock.

Also, cheap resprays chip much easier so you'll end up unhappy after a few months of rocks hitting your car.

If you do do it though, do it right. Even if it takes you longer and you have to save up for it.

Good luck on the buy though. That's an awesome first car. Much better than my first (92 EG Civic lol).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 Honda Prelude Vtir
    congrats on the prelude. like the post above me said, you will need to put in more money if you want a decent job. for an entire respray done properly you would be looking at around 4-6 for a professional job. engine wise. for your budget ( 5 - 7k) you would get a sub par respray, a second hand sound system an ok exhaust system ( if you want headers and cat) + you said you wanted rims, etc. If you are happy to spend the money on the car then i say do it properly, but just know that you wont get much of that money back!! at the end of the day, as long as you are happy then that is all that matters, no matter how much u do or dont spend on the car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 99 VTIR
    Its a great car man, but believe me what you want done to it is very high on the budget ! sounds great, haven't we all thought about doing stuff like that.. as your stats say, your a Brisbane boy, you'll get done for your air filter from highway patrol in a flash, its not worth it. as for the spray job, yeah black is slightly cheaper, i've worked in a spray joint for a while in the past. if it is fading as you say, then save up and do it but as for the wire shit i don't personally think its worth it, your going to want something bigger and stronger 1 day, might be 3 years from now but you know that your going to waste a SHIT load of money !. if i were you i would save up alot and get what you really need done, so if paint was fading spray it, wiring just tidy it by cleaning it with products, get a exhaust system, nice wheels, get a GOOD SYSTEM don't settle for less if your going to do it... i suggest Rockford fosgate, Alpine, JL audio. you will be in your budget only just haha.
    Last edited by sultanaz; 27-04-2010 at 05:26 PM.

you can find places that will do your car bare metal respray for about 1500. just spend the $600 buying the paint yourself and get them to just do the labour.