Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda jazz vti-s

Need help!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys i have an 07 vtis cvt... its done 50k im due for service tomorow i never service from honda dealers coz i think they r rip offs... but i use penrite 5w-40 semi syth oil i found that the responce was a lil weak.. i was wondering what oil i should buy? should i get fully syth? and is 5w-40 okay? whats the best thing for my jazz? cheers

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    For a street car, you can use Castrol Edge 5w-30. When it is on sale, it doesn't break the wallet and being less viscous than the Penrite 5w-40, it should have better response. Change it at the 6 month/10,000km interval as recommended in your service booklet. Eventhough the bottle says it is a synthetic, it is a group III hydrocracked one and does not have the longevity of a real synthetic. It should withstand oil breakdown better than the Penrite semi synth though.

5w-40 is fine for the Jazz. It is slightly more viscous than stock (10w-30), which is probably why you feel it is less responsive.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda jazz vti-s
    do u think that castrol edge is better than honda feo 10w-30?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    what about mobile1 5-50? or 0-40 (damn expensive)? or shell ultra helix(red one)?
    just Called honda for a service they used to say mobie1 is ok and now they say they only recommend honda oil nothing else. they will put whatever i give but they dun recommend

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by bestjazz101 View Post
    do u think that castrol edge is better than honda feo 10w-30?
    Yes, FEO is a mineral oil, while Edge 5w-30 is a hydrocracked oil. So Edge 5w-30 will protect better and last a bit longer than FEO but at a reasonable price unlike the other more expensive synthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by bc143 View Post
    what about mobile1 5-50? or 0-40 (damn expensive)? or shell ultra helix(red one)?
    just Called honda for a service they used to say mobie1 is ok and now they say they only recommend honda oil nothing else. they will put whatever i give but they dun recommend
    If you want to use Mobil1, use the 0w-40 or the 10w-30. Don't use the 5w-50 as that is too thick. Shell Helix Ultra comes in a silver bottle. The red bottle might not be the ultra. Use only the 5w-30 or the 5w-40. http://www.shell.com.au/home/content...t_range/ultra/

Honda dealers use whatever oil they have there. If you call enough dealers, they will give you may different answers. My old dealer used Magnatec 5w-40, which didn't last that long.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    thx buddy
    i still live in the past (about shell it was red or yellow looooooong time ago :P )
    just happened mine due this tue
    thanks all the advice n quick reply
    Last edited by bc143; 06-05-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: more info

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    just went shopping for oil. Damn!
    the Castrol is the cheapest 5-30 cost me $50
    Shell 5-30 cost $80
    Mobil-1 5-30 cost $87!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    just a folllow up for using 5-30 oil the car seems go free-ier n fuel consumption from 7.3 down to 7.1 thanks aaronng

10w40 used by dealer on mine - 09 CVT VTIS