Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: top speed

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek1 civic

top speed

just wondering if ne1 would no roughly the top speed of a ek hatch with a stock b18c?

same as it would be on the car that the b18c came out of. The top speed is limited/dictated by the ECU and mechanicals of the transmission ( IE gearing ) .

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    I thought most JDM performance cars (nissan, toyotas etc) were limited to 180-190km/h. so depends where the motor/ecu is from. Why? unless you are on a track only a fool would do speeds like that on the street

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek1 civic
    well i want to take it to track days but mainly just my daily driver so i wouldnt be gettin it that fast everyday

i got a b18c , untuned. hit limiter on my rsm - 177km/h
    180 on cluster

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    im ganna guess 230ish (assuming its not a jdm b18c)
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by 97ekcivic View Post
    well i want to take it to track days but mainly just my daily driver so i wouldnt be gettin it that fast everyday
    won't take it that fast everyday? every second day? i'm saying you shouldn't be doing speeds anywhere near that EVER on the street. not trying to sound like your mum but believe me its stupid

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    All imported jap cars should be limited to 180 ish k's considering that they are stock. If the issue is hitting top speed on the track the cheapest was is an apexi rsm. Which comes with a speed limit cut. They pretty cheap on eBay.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek1 civic
    i mean it as a figure of speech mate id never do those speeds on the streets its not worth it and all u do is look like a try hard cheers for the concern neway
    Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    won't take it that fast everyday? every second day? i'm saying you shouldn't be doing speeds anywhere near that EVER on the street. not trying to sound like your mum but believe me its stupid

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek1 civic
    white_ep3_civic so speed limut cut means it will basically override the speed limiter??? all on the track of course and do u no if it is legal?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Yeh it is legal. Yep the rsm will just get rid of the speed limiter that the ecu has in place. Look for a wiring digram on google. It will show you what u need too do too cut the limiter

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    same as it would be on the car that the b18c came out of. The top speed is limited/dictated by the ECU and mechanicals of the transmission ( IE gearing ) .
    so you say the topspeed is LIMITED by the ecu and gearing? lets say it dosent have a speedlimiter.. dosent mean your geared to go 300kph your going to go 300kph depends on your power/torque/wind resistance/tires etc more to it than ecu and gearing
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....