Thread: exhaust system

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek1 civic

exhaust system

i have a ek hatch and i want a system for a b18 c engine do i look for a exhaust system for ek or b18c engine?????

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    you find a ek catback exhaust and find b18c extractors.
    think that show it goes.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek1 civic
    thanx heaps mate

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by 97ekcivic View Post
    i have a ek hatch and i want a system for a b18 c engine do i look for a exhaust system for ek or b18c engine?????
    just look for b18c extractors. then go to any exhaust shop and ask for a 2.5inch custom exhaust system. thats the best way i think.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Look for ek4 vtir exhaust systems.
    Itll fit better. Some b18c systems differ in length. (ie AUDM cat vs JDM cat)
    b16a setups are pretty much the same throughout the range. And im pretty sure all B series vtec heads share the same exhaust bolt pattern at the manifold.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek1 civic
    will do mate cheers also soz new here lol wat r good brands for headers and exhaust? and also cold air intake short ram ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Depends what youre after.

Street low end and mid end system its better to get a 2.25" system (2.25" collector - cat - catback)
    Or a 2.5" collector - 2.25" cat - catback.
    For more peak power go 2.5" all the way. Delete the cat and youll move the powerband closer to redline. Its up to personal preference.
    I had a b18c2 with 2.5" straight through exhaust, and was very sluggish on the lowend. I think for a b18c the best setup is a tri-y headers 2.5" cat and catback.
    As for intake. Short ram will most probably make you lose power than gain, as heat in the engine bay rises, so does your intake temperatures.
    Always opt for CAI, cold air intake. Though the only con about it, is that with a lowered car, you have to be careful not to drive over a puddle.
    Performance gains however CAI>SRI.

Good brands are all your branded ones lol.
    Or you can go JDM 4-1 which is OEM honda.
    Just becareful though, most exhausts will do pretty much the same thing on a stock motor. Only difference is quality and weight.

Cold air intake a fujita or injen system is probably the top 2.
    And again, if youre b18c has the b18c head (ie, no secondary runners like the b18c2) youll have to look at the ek4 intakes.
    Both the b18c and b16a intake manifold sit the same. The bends however are different. As dc2r's came with ABS units and the intake is designed to go around it.

Hope it helped, search around the forums too. Theres HEAPS of useful information, and also look at the traders section, ask em a few questions, they might be able to help you out in parts choices.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek1 civic
    rhank mate helped heaps