Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    98 ones

JDM ITR 98+ = 4-1 header...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    oh ok thought 96 and 98 would be the same so i guess the 96 spec ones??

most of the yanks use itr jdm headers 4-2-1 for good ground clearence

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    The JDM 4-1 will make more power though

B20VTEC Build Thread

yanks dont care abt power...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    jdm itr header suits 1.8L

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    hi, would xforce 4-1 headers clear the b20b block with ease?

a B20B is virtually the same size as the B18C, B18B, B18A and B16B
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    a B20B is virtually the same size as the B18C, B18B, B18A and B16B
    thanks tinkerbell.

i've got myself a b20b with a b18c2 head for my eg with a b16a in it already. do you guys recommend using the b18c2 head or b16a head. the b18c2 head equipped with adjustable cam gears and cams. but i dont have the IM TB for that head. would it be easy to fit the cams and cam gears straight into my b16a head? also which head will perform better?

Quote Originally Posted by anster View Post
    thanks tinkerbell.

i've got myself a b20b with a b18c2 head for my eg with a b16a in it already. do you guys recommend using the b18c2 head or b16a head. the b18c2 head equipped with adjustable cam gears and cams. but i dont have the IM TB for that head. would it be easy to fit the cams and cam gears straight into my b16a head? also which head will perform better?
    the VTEC cams are all swappable, but check for wear on both the cams and head prior to doing so... if both in good condition, then go for it.

the head that would perform 'better' would be the one that is in the best condition.

if both heads are in identical condition, the B18C2 would be best as it is slightly higher compression ratio (but you need an IM for it)
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    how do i tell if there is wear and tear on the head? i'll take a picture of it tonight and post it up. but as for my b16a head i won't be able to tell because its still running in the car atm.

im thinking of installing the motor in myself. but i'd like to know what are the rough prices to pay someone to install the motor into my car drive in drive out in melb. anyone know of places and prices?

my car currently has the b16a2 in it with i/h/e and ecu untunned. would i need any other supporting mods to make the most of the b20.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    hey guys,

i will be doing another b20vtec conversion soon to my build. i have one question. Headgaskets and Camshafts

Chr1s or Toda or Tinkerbell can you explain which headgasket is best to be used for a b18c2 head?

tinkerbell i know you used the standard b20b headgasket but doesnt that block some holes? i was wondering should i go with the golden eagle headgasket?

Camshaft

Theres alot of camshafts in the market which would be best suited for b20vtec turbo (yes i know their selves are weak)

Camgears

Is all camgears do the same thing? or does each one have a specific output

??

Cheers fellas