Member Array
    Car:
    push bag

DC5R wheel offset question! Can i run 17x9 +40 17x8.5 +50 without mod?

Hey guys,
    I was just wandering can i run wheels that are -
    17x9 +40
    17x8.5 +50
    on my dc5 without modification (camber, rolled gaurds, etc) ?

Thanks in advance,
    Cameron.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I dont think they'd fit.

Refer to these two threads:
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=368629

http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6072

or ask ChargeR. He could probably tell you off the top of his head!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    I would bet that you would have clearance issues at the inside, to the coilover/strut at the front and the trailing arm at the rear, although it would depend on your coilovers and alignment settings. I have seen 17x9 +38 fit at the front but need spacers to fit at the rear. The only way to know for sure is to test fit but if a test fit isn't available then I would not buy the wheels. I doubt you would need any sort of guard modifications unless the car is slammed with very little camber.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    What tyre size will you use? The width of the rims alone don't tell you much since the tyre is usually wider than the rim.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I think the offset is very high! that u might touch the sussy on the inside.. but i'll leave the asnwer up to Tom aka Charger, as he knows anything and everything on this topic! .. lsiten 2his judgement

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    I think the offset is very high! that u might touch the sussy on the inside.. but i'll leave the asnwer up to Tom aka Charger, as he knows anything and everything on this topic! .. lsiten 2his judgement
    Stock offset on a AUDM DC5R is +42. So it is not much higher.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    dc5r
    if its of any help, im running the following with no modifications to the guards/fender

front ; 17x8, +35 225/45, -1camber
    rear ; 17x9, +35 225/45, -2camber

car is lowered to 2 finger gaps at the fronts and no gap at the rears

Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    I would bet that you would have clearance issues at the inside, to the coilover/strut at the front and the trailing arm at the rear, although it would depend on your coilovers and alignment settings. I have seen 17x9 +38 fit at the front but need spacers to fit at the rear. The only way to know for sure is to test fit but if a test fit isn't available then I would not buy the wheels. I doubt you would need any sort of guard modifications unless the car is slammed with very little camber.
    You sure they were +38? I've had 18x10 +43 on the rears and it cleared ok. It sat almost flush but inside clearance was borderline questionable.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by 7ypeR View Post
    You sure they were +38? I've had 18x10 +43 on the rears and it cleared ok. It sat almost flush but inside clearance was borderline questionable.
    Dead sure but the guy had an aftermarket camber kit which would have reduced clearance to the trailing arm. If you look at the rear trailing arm, where the wheels tend to hit first if they are 17s, it tapers in toward the centre of the car as it goes forward. So 18s fit more easily because the trailing arm is further inboard where the inner lip of the wheel is. I never would have guessed that 10" +43 would fit without hitting anything on the inside ! What tyre size and alignment?