Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Trying to, but need to swap the accessory belt over and change MTF first. I'm kinda shagged since I got home from work at 12am last night.... So only chance to do it is tonight or tomorrow (assuming something else doesn't come up tomorrow). You going? It might give me the motivation to do a late night MTF change.
    Yeah man, I'm going! I need MTF too ... I don't think there's a fluid/oil in that car that doesn't need changing

Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    mm... bump it up to $40k i can can trade in my CL9 for a Golf R coming up this Jun/Jul
    I'd still much prefer a nicely balanced, modified Euro
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    just came back from a quick spin in my friends mk6 gti, seriously as much as i love my euro and i would still prefer my euro over this car.. performance wise.. cmon.. the gti will smoke the euro even with the 10k mods that was mention in a few post back, i don't have any facts for that sake. But the shear acceration i was getting out of this car in the sports shift mode with the dsg gear box.. the euro don't stand a chance.. honestly a euro is a luxury/sport saloon and a mk6 gti is a hot hatch.. two different types of cars all together..

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    another thing is that the extra $$$$$ spent on performance modding a Euro would become worthless to majority of potential used Euro buyers (except young males..) and might even decrease the value too. in most cases the aftermarket parts are stripped off for fire sale prior to listing the car on the market. Yet, a GTI without extra mod is a hot hatch already. Mm.. still in dilemma, the fact that my Missus already has a 118TSI complicates this even more for having two Golf's in the garage

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    another thing is that the extra $$$$$ spent on performance modding a Euro would become worthless to majority of potential used Euro buyers (except young males..) and might even decrease the value too. in most cases the aftermarket parts are stripped off for fire sale prior to listing the car on the market. Yet, a GTI without extra mod is a hot hatch already. Mm.. still in dilemma, the fact that my Missus already has a 118TSI complicates this even more for having two Golf's in the garage
    I think your heart really wants a GTI! Plus you get to have a new car, with is always fun and inspiring!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Mm.. still in dilemma, the fact that my Missus already has a 118TSI complicates this even more for having two Golf's in the garage
    Nothing wrong with having two Golfs, especially if you like them.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Interestingly, the gti smoked the wrx hatch by 2 seconds around the track on 5th gear.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    looks like you have made up your mind.. in fact, why did you even consider a euro? what about the euro do you like? hmm personally, cmon 2 golfs in the garage is a bit hmm don't know.. if you;re a millionaire would you have a ferrari 430 and a ferrari 430 scuderia ? if you want to look at hot hatches, golf gti would be the cream of the crop.. but otherwise there are quite a number of other choices.. i agree the fact that selling a modded car is harder, i guess the buyers perception is that you would have thrashed the car. so if you want performance.. mate the answer is simple... GTI
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Just came back from driving the MK6 for a few hours and here are my quick impressions.

Compared to the MK5, it seems to have a lost a bit of the old engine note and the powerband felt even more linear as if it's NA. There's almost no feeling of boost and the car pulls effortlessly from a standstill. DSG gearbox is still the same with a bit of hesitation off the mark but ultra smooth shifts once moving. It's got firm suspension like the MK5 and there's minimal body roll in corners. Interior quality is pretty good and the cabin is reasonably quiet too. I didn't mind the exterior too, it was better looking in person than photos. I also loved the steering wheel, it had a nice thick rim and beautifully sculped buttons and details. The center console looked great too and had a big colour screen.

Compared to my modded Euro which has I/H/E and coilovers it didn't handle as good and wasn't as stable. The engine also didn't have the same urgency or sound. Overall the Euro was more fun to drive to me. My wife was in the GTI too and even she agreed with me. One other thing I noticed was that the GTI had much better brakes compared to the Euro. It had much better bite and progression in comparison.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    To me, natnat has made up his mind. It seems that he after some convincing to stick with the euro.

Mate if you like the gti, get it dude...its whatever that suits your needs and your requirements

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    To me, natnat has made up his mind. It seems that he after some convincing to stick with the euro.

Mate if you like the gti, get it dude...its whatever that suits your needs and your requirements

I actually went to McGrath VW this afternoon to check out what GTIs they have in stock (my minimum options are DSG, Detroit 18s and HID, and the deal was $45k) as VW Australia is running specials at the moment, and to check what trade in price the dealer is willing to pay for the CL9 to save me some hassles (obviously they offered rock bottom price of $15500 for Dec06 Luxury Auto 37.5k km on the clock, which i am sure if i list it privately at this price it will be gone in 1 day or less. Barloworld offered $20k).

2 critical things still holding me back: i want to see the Golf R first & i need share prices of QBE to go up $25 and IPL $3.75.

I do enjoy the CL9 and if the 2 critical things above do not turn up as expected, i may as well keep the CL9 for 2 more years and perhaps get Injen CAI + J's Racing Exhaust system to satisfy my craving for more power

It is interesting to hear what people think and i really appreciate that

Wisdom comes from many counsels. But too much counsels will screw up your brain if you got no goals.
    Last edited by natnat; 15-05-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    well if you're gonna want more performance from your cl9 with simple bolt ons, go intake, header, pulleys and possibly a simple piggyback ecu management. Exhaust wont get you that much gain in power. Pulleys will get quicker rpm pick-up and headers more with mid-range gain. Injen normally provide more gains in the higher ranges of rpm so look into other options with intakes for different gains.

Good luck anyways with the car. My brother also wanted to get a gti but want practical enough being a hatch. He is now looking at perhaps wrx or sti.