Member Array
    Car:
    EK1

EG VTi - Reliability?

I'm looking at buying an EG VTi sedan soonish but just wanted to know if there are any reliability issues with these cars. I don't know that much about Honda's but I'm pretty sure they are quite reliable, correct?

I was also looking at the Calibra's - but i have heard they are very expensive for parts and labour and also have a fair bit of mechanical issues, so i've decided to go the Honda instead.

Any input appreciated

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    go the honda
    if you get a good one, there should be no trouble with it. as longs as its had a good service history, and you maintain its servicing, you should be ok.

have it checked out 1st

dont bother with the calibra

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    sif...calibra, why u wasting ur time looking at that. Get urself a honda known for its long term reliability! u cannot go wrong, just look after her, and u'll be right!

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    If your gonna get a calibra, atleast get the 4x4 turbo version!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    turbo 4x4 is a great concept but I know someone whos got a 4x4 Calibra and the diff on it broke within 2 months and still hasn't been fixed (2yrs now cos its like 2.5K)

BTW: thanks for posting EG Vti - Description as part of your titleim pushing towards a more organised forum if possible cheers
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    The calibra's arn't a great car unless you have access to parts and can do the labour yourself. They look and feel nice, and have a bit of go... nice and torquie and nice long gears which are great for ausy conditions BUT parts are a bitch, they do have lots of niggly little issues and euro mechanics only accept first borns.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + 10' Swift
    calibra's are sh17 sorry.. also honda's arent cheap to maintain n parts n labour dont come cheap if thats what your thinking..! honda's are more reliable too..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Thanks for the replies

I pretty much wanted to know if they are more reliable than the calibra's and i think you've answered that question

Cheers