Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ek4

ek4

hi all just wondering wat the average kw atw on a ek4 is cause i just got my car dyno today and it got 88kw atw with 298nm torque.

just wondering if thats a decent figure for standard civic whith mugen catback and cai

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx
    298nm seems quite high..

yea i can feel alot of torque and ive beaten alot of itr and keeped up with a few rexes

the reading is accurate because i did it at tafe and the teacher ajusted the rollers to the weight of my car

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    You do not have 298nm of torque unless you have a crazy engine build/turbo, the B16A has ~150nm stock, catback + cai wouldn't double your torque figure either.

The figure you have there is not your real torque number.

oh ok im new to the honda scene
    ill ask my instucter to re do it again some time this week.
    is the kw figure ok or is it a bit low?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    power reading sounds about right, but as everyone else has said already, i'd re-check those torque figures

kw seems right, i recall my brother had an ek4 a few years back, had a spoon n1, ecu, intake and it pulled about 96kw

cool thanks for all the info.
    hopefully i get a accurate reading this time

Newcomer Array
    LOL my brothers a mechanic and he said the dynos at the tafes are all happy and dont read right
    If uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help uncle JACK OFF an elephant???

If I'm not back in 5 minutes..............just wait longer

i dont no wat its like in sydney but in adelaide the dyno's they have are the best you can get and thats coming from alot of people i no that are really goog mechanics and tuners

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by vtekme View Post
    i dont no wat its like in sydney but in adelaide the dyno's they have are the best you can get and thats coming from alot of people i no that are really goog mechanics and tuners
    LOL @ this.