Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 2002

Interference noise from HID light

Have you guys experienced a noise in your stereo (radio) when you turn on you headlights? I only get it when it is on the radio output not dvd or aux. So i think the fm frequency is somehow interfered by the HID light. I got Clarion Max686bt. Hope someone can help me out here. cheerz

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    i get the same thing in my euro.....when i had stock head unit it was normal but after i installed an aftermarket headunit this happens. i cant use the radio when im driving at night coz of the static and hiss that comes out of the speakers =.=

onli prob...i dont kno how to fix it =[

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    does it make the noise while tuning..
    tune up and down seek through stations see if the noise changes varies etc..

if it does most likely some kind of radio issue really REALLY weird for STOCK HID lights.
    Unless you two have aftermarket ones?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 2002
    Na, even with a different station the static noise is still there. Yea i got an aftermarket ones and the stock HID lights were not doing any interference. I tend to switch to Ipod connection when i drive at night solely because of that reason.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    is the connection for the power ant connected properly?try ground the chassis of the head unit it self,
    i use clarion max 686 bt with aftermarket HID
    no problems for me

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra 2002
    Yea the power antennae is connected properly , how to ground the chassis of the head ? Just connect the earth cable to the car chassis?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Yep prety much.