Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Quote Originally Posted by RABBITrabbit View Post
    PM sent. I have one for sale, cleaner than the red one.
    Can you PM me the details too?
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Why do people put up pictures on carsales with the p plates on. It's so dud

S2Krazy Array
    ^ This. I was going to say it the other night, but chose not too
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Went and saw the s2000 as mentioned in first post last night. Evidence of a crash history, extreem ware to ass bolsters, a little rattle in the roof, sighn of a repair in soft top, dirty engine oil, dark clutch fluid, shitloads of clutchbuzz, on a quick shift a very sharp leap to the right, the guy told me he just replaced the clutch and that was bullshit as i know what a new clutch feels like, and the worst thing at all is he did not know anything about the car. Would not buy the car for $20k, heads up to future enqueries with this car. Thanks Guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    oh damn, this is why P platers have less credibility. You can usually tell if they are a true car enthusiast or not

Have you seen this black one for cheap? I want to check it out tomorrow but his number doesnt show up on carsales when you enter in the code. Wentworthville is only 5 mins away from mine
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Another engine "problem" is from a misshifting into too low a gear and and causing a mechanical over-rev. Usually the retainers crack and over time they *might* let go and drop a valve into the engine. Usually happens only on the intake side for the F20C's. The F22C's came with fatter/stronger retainers and its a common upgrade.

This has happened only to one Aussie that I know of (not personally) but in the states there has been a handful of cases - there might be more that has had this happen but I am not omniscient.

If anything, I think their biggest problems include:
    1: owners not watching their oil levels as most tend to burn oil in between services - not sure how this will affect the engine in the long term but probably not good.

2: CV cups/spiders wearing out and causing a horrible vibration (roughly $0-$200 fix)

3: Clutch master cylinder leaking ($500-ish fix?. I know one guy that paid around that much at Hanny's including labour and parts).

4: Going from the above problem gears are ground and tranny fluid is not replaced often enough and this builds up the wear in the synchros.

Again none of these problems will really be a problem if the S2000 has had a knowledgeable and/or rich owner and the car has solid service history aka stamped every 10,000kms at the least.

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    ive had mine for past couple of years.. its climbing 160xxx and seems to be fine.. keep it serviced and maintained.. u b fine
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    oyy
    im a p plater lol
    my clutch master was leaking aswell at about 120xxxkms. cost me $320 FOR A BRAND NEW REPLACEMENT and a tranny and diff oil change..much cheaper then 500?
    i do a oil change and new filter every 5000kms, and a coolent flush every 10,000. i did a fuel filter change like 20,000kms ago aswell. my cars now 145,000..it was on 118,000 exactly 1 year ago this day wen i brought it.
    Usually at 120,000kms you need to get a valve adjusment done as this creates a new noise in the engine bay but thats about it. that cost me 180 from honda in essendon but they ended doing for only 130 bcuz they made me wait an extra hour due to a mechanic hurting himself or something lol.
    wise words?? CHECK OIL everytime u go to fill up ur petrol and u will be fine , its a healthy habit.
    Last edited by tamay_s2k; 01-06-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Check oil when cold.

$500 was including slave cylinder too I think and a service so I'm not sure how much it cost in total. But budget that much and you should be right lol