Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

[CU2] Manual gearbox issues

Firstly, if there is already a thread on this, please feel free to close this one and direct me to it.

Lately, I have noticed that our CU2 is getting harder to put into gear, especially 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Finding this is happening all the time and getting worse when the car is warm, took it to the dealership and they claimed that it was normal operation? Any one else have this issue?

Secondly, our car has a distinct whine from 60km/h + when you are accelerating, the mechanic that went on a test drive with me acknowledged it, but the service staff claim that this was also normal and fobbed me off.

Having only driven one CU2 only and falling short of test driving a new one, has any one else noticed this?

Feedback will be appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Go to another dealer, that's not normal.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda
    i find my car difficult to engage in 3rd gear many times... it doesn't want to slot in... i'm going to raise it at the next service

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    My gearbox slots in beautifully..Best manual shift i've driven.

I have to agree with albii, mine shifts beautifully. I have fallen in love with that 'notchy' feel, every other manual I drive doesn't feel right.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 Euro Lux Navi 6MT
    I've got problems shifting to 3rd aswell... Only happens when I'm trying to change fast... Also does anyone have and problems when ur rev-matching n the gear doesn't catch straight away...=s thinking about a heavy duty clutch... Good/bad idea??

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by JoHNo.Cu2 View Post
    I've got problems shifting to 3rd aswell... Only happens when I'm trying to change fast... Also does anyone have and problems when ur rev-matching n the gear doesn't catch straight away...=s thinking about a heavy duty clutch... Good/bad idea??
    After driving a CU2 Euro, I have to say it is quite difficult to rev match because of the slight lag in the throttle. Changing fast will always have resistance to getting into the next gear because you are wearing out the synchros to get into gear quickly.

A heavy duty clutch will just have a higher clamping force. It won't solve any of your problems.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    *09-CU2-Lux-6MT
    G'day HT

Mate im sorry that you have an issue with gear changing.

I would strongly suggest you take it to a decent Honda dealer to have them look into it.
    You may want to also go to the Honda website and log a complaint to them.
    THis is vital as Honda must acknowledge genuine customer issues.

I have not had any problem with the Lux gear shift in any gear at all, i have the accesory stick and it falls
    like a knife through butter, bloody unreal, i dont change gears like a race driver more like an old bloke
    who loves playing with his stick................
    Thanks
    Vid

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks all for your replies, the next opportunity I have I am going back to the same dealer and am going to take him up on his word "They all make that noise" by demanding we go in a test drive in a demonstrator.

Failing that I will go to another dealer and see what their response is.

We never change fast or hard, these cars are too fragile, and its not what they are made for.

Will provide an update when one is at hand.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Well, four months down the track and I just keep getting stuffed around, its gone from "thats normal" to "its the tyres", the tyres were changed and the noise/whine is still there...

I would be interested to hear if anyone has noticed this problem.