Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4

EG Civic Clutch/System Playing Up

Hey Fellers

I know stuff on the topic has been covered before, but i didnt want to take over anyones thread, so i just made a new one..

right it started of with the clutch just sinking to the floor with what it felt like no fluid in the system (the only was to get it back up was to get my foot under it and flick it back up), so i went over the car and found that the clutch master cylinder was leaking out of the cabin end.. when i got it out, the inside of it was farked, all the seals where gone, and i thought i had fixed my problem..

after putting the new cylinder in, it played up the first day. so after i bleed it some mooorrreeee.. it was fine..
    now about a week if that later its doing stupid shit again..

it seems to be doing the same 4 things

1) as im taking my foot off there will be no smooth change, it will feel like im dumping it in a car with a heavy duty clutch in it. (if thats makes sense)
    2) i will push the clutch in and it will only come up about 50mm from the floor and change gear, (and drive as if the clutch it full out) and im able to push it in that little bit to the floor and change gear again, then it will just come back to the 50mm until i get my foot under it and flick it up
    3) ill push the clutch in and and it will sink right to the floor and act as it the clutch pedal is not even engaged. this one being the most difficult because at lights its starts to stall even know my foots on the clutch and what not
    4) ill push the clutch in, it will come half way out. stop for a second.. then slowly rise back up

sorry for the long story
    im going to get it checked out, i just thought i would ask before hand if anyone had any idea what it could be
    the cars an eg4 breeze.. stock motor, the only things it has done is a new brake master cylinder and clutch master.

Cheers
    Kyal
    got gay k?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    when you come back can you tell me what the outcome is because im in the same boat if you have read my thread... ive replaced clutch master which was leaking. and the rest of the clutch system aswell and still have the problem. but i dont have the sinking feeling of the pedal but the rest sounds about right
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    Im taking it in friday, because i wont have time tomorrow or thursday.. so ill let you know
    got gay k?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    how did it go?
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    went yesterday.. ended up the slave cylinder was stuffed inside, replaced the part this morning.
    i took it for a drive and it didnt do it, so im going to take it for a longer drive tonight to see if it dose it.
    if it dose the clutch guy said bring it back in and they will go over it again

will give updates, it maybe like the master and start playing up a week after.. but fingers crossed its all fixed
    got gay k?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    doesnt help me ive replaced everything lol. good luck with yours though!
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Bleed, bleed, and rebleed.

somethings clearly not right -First. Suck out old fluid in resevoir and fill back up with fresh fluid.
    When bleeding you push pedal DOWN then release the (8mm) nipple , then tighten nipple and THEN retract pedal. Repeat until no more air bubbles and clear DOT 4 fluid is coming out. Dont forget to top up as you go !
    You clearly are stuffing up this process massively , or there is an issue with the slave cylinder or worse.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    im not a complete dumbass, i know how to bleed a clutch.. bleeding the clutch did not do anything anyway.
    like i said, the seal inside the slave cylinder was bypassing. hence creating the problem.. now that ive had it replaced it has not done it again

sorry thats no help randyr
    got gay k?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    how much this costing you guys i might have similar.
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9, 93 EG4
    The clutch guy i went to was one of my dads good mates.. i got the master clutch for 130, im pretty sure he was selling them for 180
    and the slave i got for 40.. not sure what he was selling them for, plus dot 4 fluid was like 8 bucks

so $178 plus how ever long it took me to install
    i didnt pay for him to have a look at it either

hasnt played up today either.. so i think its fixed
    got gay k?

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    hhaha it is cheaper to go to honda to buy this stuff
    very rare lol

have you checked your lines there mite be a leak you can not see
    have to put line back correct and not threaded it