Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Huey, just order from the states mate. You should be able to get a set landed for about $700 Aussie.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    2014Civic Sport
    Yes, that put me in my place.

It's nice to know there are helpful people like you on this site who freely give good advice to others.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by huey888 View Post
    Please forgive the 10% discrepancy in the price you believe I was quoted for Bilsteins in Brisbane; obviously I'm lying. Although I notice there was no query on the price I was quoted on Koni's. Even at $1050, they are expensive.

There are several brands of good shocks that are at least 95% as good as Koni's, but are half the cost. It's unfortunate most don't make them to suit the CL9.

You guys must have a lot more money than me.
    Wasn't trying to be smart but IMO not worth the effort to try and find a cheaper shock.Stick with proven shocks(and springs) that are compatible with the Euro,also there's not much to choose from for our cars either.

Member Array
    Car:
    2014Civic Sport
    Thanks Tony, sorry to be on the defensive. I was just trying to help Dazza get a cheaper alternative as I'm really happy with the Monroe rears.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Yes, that put me in my place.

It's nice to know there are helpful people like you on this site who freely give good advice to others.
    Search button is free too!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Btw, standard shocks + lowered springs = shocks will fail.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Thanks Tony, sorry to be on the defensive. I was just trying to help Dazza get a cheaper alternative as I'm really happy with the Monroe rears.
    That's OK.If you're happy with the Monroes wait till you drive a Euro with Eibach and either Konis or Bilsteins.

Member Array
    Car:
    2014Civic Sport
    Dazza_19,

Further to my previous advice, I was actually wrong. The KYB's front shocks that suit an Acura TSX do indeed fit the Euro and I have just installed them this morning. When I originally compared them with the OEM Honda shocks, I was measuring using vernier calipers while they were still in the car. I hadn't realised that there was a sleeve around the old shocks which made me think that the diameter was about 8mm larger than the KYB's. I have to make up a HID leveller bracket mount for the front left KYB shock (needed for the luxury model), but I don't anticipate this will be a major problem. Hopefully I'll find some free time over the next few days to do this.

So far, the KYB's seem a lot firmer than the standard Honda shocks, but I haven't really done enough mileage on them to guage how good they are in combination with the King springs, but it's looking positive so far.

Hope this helps....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Eur
    Dazza_19,

Further to my previous advice, I was actually wrong. The KYB's front shocks that suit an Acura TSX do indeed fit the Euro and I have just installed them this morning. When I originally compared them with the OEM Honda shocks, I was measuring using vernier calipers while they were still in the car. I hadn't realised that there was a sleeve around the old shocks which made me think that the diameter was about 8mm larger than the KYB's. I have to make up a HID leveller bracket mount for the front left KYB shock (needed for the luxury model), but I don't anticipate this will be a major problem. Hopefully I'll find some free time over the next few days to do this.

So far, the KYB's seem a lot firmer than the standard Honda shocks, but I haven't really done enough mileage on them to guage how good they are in combination with the King springs, but it's looking positive so far.

Hope this helps....
    Hi there
    New member, would like to know how the KYB shocks are doing on the Euro Luxury. I have a 2004, and am considering doing the front and rear. Any advise re- the HID leveller? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    if you are paying a grand you might as well get coilovers.

the H.Drive coils i got recently is actually pretty darn good.

and it comes with a bracket for the HID leveler
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    2014Civic Sport
    Deco0028,

The KYB's are working fine and I'm very happy with the result.

I removed the leveller bracket off the oem shocks. It was a sleeve fitting and I just tapped the sleeve section downwards to remove it from the old shock. I then cut the round sleeved section in half, applied some silastic to the surface area where it would contact the new KYB shock and put it in the same location. Then tightened it on with a good hose clamp. I haven't had any problems since I did it.

Hope that helps.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Accord Eur
    Deco0028,

The KYB's are working fine and I'm very happy with the result.

I removed the leveller bracket off the oem shocks. It was a sleeve fitting and I just tapped the sleeve section downwards to remove it from the old shock. I then cut the round sleeved section in half, applied some silastic to the surface area where it would contact the new KYB shock and put it in the same location. Then tightened it on with a good hose clamp. I haven't had any problems since I did it.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks very much. Seems like KYB 341330 for the fronts and KYB 341369 for the rears is the way to go. Interestingly, the Acura TSx(04-08) has different KYBs for the rears(341495).
    Also, with the leveller off, does the light beam from the HID headlights bounce around more on bumpy roads?
    Cheers