Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KofS2s View Post
    what parts do you need to put DC2R springs on a DC2?
    That's the good part. You literally need nothing else. It's a straight swap.

But if you're still on original DC2 shocks they are most definitely knackered from age. Replace them if you can afford it.

Stock DC2R shocks, if of low mileage and still in good shape, will fit but you will need EG/DC2R rear lower suspension arms. And DC2R shocks are very, very stiff. So besides extra cost for the rear suspension arms, you'll also end up with a ride quite unsuited for typical NSW/Vic roads.

So for a smoother day to day ride I recommend just getting other replacement shocks.

The funny thing is, my car is now finally level, and it's a difference you can feel from the driver's seat. In stock form the DC2 has greater ground clearance in front than behind, and there's always a feeling of looking up at the sky from the driver seat. Now that it's level, the driving position feels much better.

Member Array
    Car:
    Black DC2
    ok so i will need rear LCA's.
    the stock dc2 springs are too soft..too much body roll.

wow thats great dinorider. good to see u post the final product

whats needed? just a set of dc2r springs, some money for a workshop OR a mate, tools and half a day. Some h20 plus kfc would also help immensly.

Rear LCA's are required ONLY if using dc2r shocks. if using dc2 shocks, then your stock lca will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    DC2R springs dont really lower that much (1cm at the most), it basically just evens up the front with the rears, whereas on the normal integras, the front is usually higher.

its also stiffer as well. I read on OH somewhere but cannot verify validity that the rates were 4kg front and 2.5kg rear, so imo, shoulnd't be a problem with your KYBs. these are chaep springs for the great characteristics, so i just give em a try regardless. king springs hve great post sales service, but having sat in a king spring'ed car (even on koni reds), they are too soft, sloppy and basically crap for handling. stick with the dc2r springs.

and yes, i'm very certain the mounting perches are same distanced.

the car :

anymore pics of that car??
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    About to do the same thing
    but was it hard or fiddly to install the springs or did you get someone to do it for u... if so how much?

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    just need a spring compressor and some basic sockets

the dc2r is 15mm lower than a standard vtir. straight from best motoring.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    ^ assuming all things equal
    remember things age
    springs may sag
    bushes will wear
    different tyre sizes will even change height