Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: turbo budget

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg

turbo budget

im wanting an 11 to 12sec packing that that is realiable as u can aspect from a turbo engine any ideas on engines setups and shops would be great thanks im looking to spend between 6 to 10gs the car is an eg was lookin into k but to much at the moment
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    lol if u have to the 10g save up a bit more and ull have the K i think its like 13k for a k swap these days

but yeah if u want to boost go peak boost lovely kit i more than doubled my power.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    with stock b18c7 and full-race manifold with a gt30 and external gate, i made 240kw and ran 12.88 on semi slicks........ im sure with slicks and in an eg it will be a much quicker car...

but 10k might be a tight budget, my turbo setup alone was at least 10k, that includes ecu, injectors, cooler, clutch, pump...bla bla bla, and if u havnt got a b in it already, then ur on a backfoot to start with...

thats my opinion...

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Building a 11 second or 12 second front wheel drive is not impossible but very hard with a 10g budget.
    Only because with a front wheel drive, the more power you have the slower you might go across the line.

For instance. IEVAQ8 has a 240kw R with semis n ran a 12.8
    Guys in the US have stock k20a motors with bolt ons and theyre doing the same time. Though they do use full slicks n stripped interior.

Not saying the turbo R is slower. Its just a mission to grab traction. With even more power it'll be even harder.
    If you notice, the MPH a front wheel drive crosses the line at, is far greater than a rear wheel car. Say a 10 second FF vs a 10 second FR.

If youre only after a time. As in a 11 or 12 second car. Look at a mild turbo B setup. Stock high compression motor. with a decent turbo manifold n decent exhaust setup.
    Or even go H2B. Youll have the little bit of extra torque.

But one key thing. Get an ECU with traction control. It is alot more expensive. But get it properly tuned. Practice running the drags, set the traction control properly and guranteed youll have a consistent straight line rocket.
    Look up Tony Palo on youtube. 8 second FF honda. And there are heaps that have followed behind him touching the 8's tring to break the 7's.

Though what i said is for outright straight line racing only. Besides that. Pretty hard to get a 11-12 second FF honda with 10G budget if you dont already have an engine in that shell to start off with.

But if you ever do build an 11 second FF honda. On the streets with a rolling start, youll keep up with 10 second cars easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Im going to approach this question with as much logic as I can to sae you time and money, buy a car that's already turboed to begin with

something that came off the showroom floor with all of the bits factory in turbo form preferrably (insurance is easier, selling it when and if you get bored/need the money is easier)

you'll spend 10gs at a minium in some cases chasings those numbers when you can just buy an ev0, wrx, gtr (if you sold your car as well), xr6t, f6, etc etc
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    What motor are you currently running in your EG at present? If it's B18C already, then yes, I couldn't see why you wouldn't be able to run into the 12's with boost for less than $10k.

I've seen a few forum members selling their proven turbo kits; new and used, so it is there for the picking. Factor in labour at a reputable workshop and it should still be under $10k.

Though EK1.6LCIV does have a point regarding purchasing a vehicle that came from factory with turbo. For example, the Nissans, take your pick from 180sx, 200sx, 300zx, Skyline, Silvia etc all fall <$15k and are obtainable with the same budget that you have. All the turbo installation hassles are taken care of; just service, maintain and drive it.

I can see your desire to own a smaller capacity motor AND fwd that brings it to the bigger boys.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    I'm running 13.2 on normal street tyres with a stock B16A at 9pis making 161kw at the wheels

My total was about 6.5K including the JDM B16A motor but I did most of my own labour, well on the turbo side anyway.. Ben installed the motor!

So you should be able to make iit into the 12's for 10k with slicks on but 11's I doubt doubt it
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    If you can source the parts cheap and can do the labour yourself you can run a high 12 with a b16a turbo pretty easy with 10k. I only had a b16a with a t28 made 145kw, ran 13.0 on normal road tyres. Everything costed me 6k inc motor but i picked up the motor dirt cheap.

ive got a turbo kit forsale that will net you 170kw atw if you've got a b16a platform to begin with.

should be able to run in the 12's with good tyres/driver

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    12s is fine, 11s you need to put quite abit of money
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

I have a b16a built forged engine full kit (engine, lsd gearbox, clutch, Garrett Disco potato turbo n kit, ecu and injectors) that has 170KWATW for $7000.00 installed in your eg. Only done 4000k's. Im parting out my car. PM me if you are interested

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by its_ish View Post
    I have a b16a built forged engine full kit (engine, lsd gearbox, clutch, Garrett Disco potato turbo n kit, ecu and injectors) that has 170KWATW for $7000.00 installed in your eg. Only done 4000k's. Im parting out my car. PM me if you are interested
    Why only 170kw with forged parts?

hmmm

Limobo makes 170kw stock motor

I make 160 stock motor
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001