Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    02 DC5
    oh cheers, lol seems like we can get everything required for oil change at honda dealers

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by kural7 View Post
    you can pick them up from honda for 90cents. not sure if they answered the question but ye. and its ideal to change it i checked the size difference when i did my oil change and the ring on the old ones diameter had opened up about a 1mm. not much but eventualy will cause oil leak.
    nice to know... i think i'll change mine next time now too. And what oil do you guys use - i think Magnatec (I do a lot of short trips - Wollongong ain't that big lol) is a semi-synthetic. But i've heard if you use a full synthetic it's not good for the seals...???
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Go with castrol edge 5w-30 $30 or OEM.

Magnatec is apparently crap for hondas
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Thanks mate - i'll give that a go next time :-)
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD
    Quote Originally Posted by aznalex View Post
    @ Alvis - regarding change of oil when engine is cold, can you elaborate?
    i've read around with people saying that you should warm up the engine before doing an oil change. (im guessing so the oil runs out quicker)

so do i just leave the oil dripping out for longer if it was cold?

attempting oil change in the next few days..

(i actually bought a hydraulic pump jack and
    [2 jack stands]
    so i can jack up the front of my car)
    1. it says i need some kind of hydraulic oil inside the device... what the heck?
    2. i dont know the exact point to place the jack - to jack up the car lol

can anyone please help me with the above
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........................
    Sure this isn't a gee up????

Member Array
    Car:
    02 DC5
    lol i had a fiddle around with the hydraulic pump jack (very confusing instructions!!! - made in china)
    didnt need hydraulic oil, someone stated that it should come with it, and it did.

i think some parts needed lubrication with oil thats all

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD
    Aznalex, as you appear tp be new to car maintainence, please please always use the set of car stands too. Always leave the jack where you last used it to lift the car but just shy of touching the car while the stands are in place. Never, ever work under a car only supported by a hydraulic jack.
    I have a couple of small collapsable wheel chocks I use whenever I work on our cars too, got 'em from supercheap and they stay in the boot of the car in case I need to change a tyre or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Oh really - I didn't know that about hydraulic jacks... so you use car stands and have the jack in place just in case?

And what are collapsable wheel chocks?
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    Well with hydraulic jacks you never know it can collapse at any time. That is why jack stands should always be used for your own safety
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

..We Welcome You Abourd!..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    ok sure, thanks for the tip guys. I've never used jack stands - do they have a handle or something so you can jack them up under the car? Sorry, feel like a noob now lol
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

lol naa u just life the car and the ones i've got u twist the top and ti twist out slowly.. the higher u want it the more u twist it. also make sure you place them on the support brackets providing on the actualy chassy of the car not on a plastic cover.. common sense.. and as for which oil to use just but the original its like 10 bux more expensive but you know it was made for your car. same with the oil filter. theres like a 3 dollar gap. not worth it. just a reminder when u change the oil filter to lubricate the new one before you put it on.. does any1 know if those filter cleaner things actually work? like engine cleaner bottles or the fuel injector cleaner bottles.. usually about 11 bux? are they any good? and how do i get a post quality point?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    haha, right got it lol

And yep, always lubricate seal on new filter else you'll have a heck of a time getting it off next time!

Never used engine cleaners - only really use the Nulon octane booster every 4 fills or so...
    HONDAOEMMUGEN