Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Rust Bucket
    Is that a 4x4 lol...

Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    Neesmo, DONT DO IT! SELL UR CAR AND GET A DC5R!!!! hehe

However, if you still want to mod the euro... here is some advice and some snapshots of what I have done.

1. Once you do one thing, it leads to another!! eg. Rims -> coilovers -> rear camber kit -> Body Kit -> MOAR PWR! Set aside a plan of how much you want to spend, or you will end up 7k down wondering how your rims led to all of these things!

2. Buy once and buy right. Simple and self explanatory. It may seem exaggerated to spend 2k on coilovers and a rear camber kit, but wasting a couple of hundred on el cheapo stuff + install is gonna be annoying when ur car feels crappy to drive. Which ultimately leads to buying the expensive stuff anyway... save yourself the time, money and effort and do it right the first time.

3. If you're not comfortable to do an install yourself, get it done somewhere with a good reputation! Cannot stress this enough!!!!!! I have once driven away with my front right suspension not bolted to the car... I have also driven 10m with my back right wheel not bolted on!!!!!!!

4. Listen to Aarong.... he is always right!

My setup: Buddyclub N+ coilovers, fn2r wheels, ingalls rear camber kit, whiteline Rear Sway bar, Cusco front Strut bar.

I can only comment on what I have got. So here I go:

It all began the same as everyone else who owns a euro and decides to mod it... "The wheels are small and that gap is stupid". Here is a photo of the car just after I got it:

I decided on the FN2R wheels cos I thought they would look cool. I also decided to keep the original black "H" centre wheel caps and put them into the FN2R wheels, because Red and Purple do no go well together! And as you can see, the car looks like a CRV:

So now it was time to drop the car.. I decided on the buddyclubs as ppl said they were good, and they were cheaper than the tein SS. After I got them installed, I set the damping to about the middle (between hard and soft) and was shocked that it was soooo soft! I mean, it was as soft as stock! (Thanking jebus I had bought adjustable suspension) I ended up just clicking the suspension to its stiffest! And it was THE BEST $2,000 I spent!!! The car handled amazing afterward! And as you can see, it looked better too:

After some time with the car at that height, it became annoying when I would scrape on almost everything. It also almost made me cry when I went over a one way speed bump thing (the ones with the tyre spikes if you drive the wrong way) and heard the undercarriage of the car get the shit scraped out of itself. So (thanking jebus again that I bought adjustable coilovers) I raised the height just a little bit:

After all of this, I got the Rear Sway Bar which did amazing things for the cars turn in, and I also got the cusco front strut bar which really stiffened up the front end.

Overall, I am super happy with the look and the feel of my car and I would recommend the setup to anyone with a euro!

Simonnn has also been in my car and adores the way it handles! He can verify that my car feels like its on rails...

So to conclude all of this... Mod your car and have fun doing it!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    LOL npcan2 mega post. I've also been in his car and it's ****ing hektik beyond belief. The handling is superb.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yay - sold the dirtbike yesterday, will be buying N+ come monday. Excellent.
    Honda Accord Euro

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Just wondering how much are those wheels worth? I imagine a bit since they are off the type r. I like the look of them on the euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I have seen them advertised here for around 1500 for bare rims. I have been looking at a set of FD2 sport rims, 17" 45 offset i beleive. I think that will be a bit more of a nice offset than the 60 for the fd2r rims? Ill try and get these coilovers ordered today - wondering if i should order my ingalls at the same time?? (rear camber and toe) probably should - i plan on dropping it 2.5 - 3 inches, see how it is with that height, than raising it up if it gives me any trouble.

Maybe shout it some new plugs and oil, not that it needs it but i like to overmaintain lol.
    Honda Accord Euro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '04
    Quote Originally Posted by Neesmo31 View Post
    Maybe shout it some new plugs and oil, not that it needs it but i like to overmaintain lol.
    Good on ya. Your car is like your liver -- take care of her..and she takes care of you

So you're going with 17"? Dont mean to hijack ur post but Im facing that same dilema now.. looks like if you go 18", you'd definitely need to drop the car. But if you go with 17"s..can you still look good with stock suspension? Anyone here on that configuration?

Would be great to see some pics. Here's my 'blank canvas' atm

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I dont think that stock euro suspension will look good with any wheels, hence why i am going the coilovers straight up. It still should look okay lowered on stockies (going for that retro look lol) and when time and money permits then i will look for some rims.

Since im going coilovers im trying not to go too big on the wheels as i want to keep some sidewall profile to lower bumpyness.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    For your reference, I just put 18 inch Work CR Kais on my euro today. Looks less CRV-spec than I expected (As I'm still on stock shocks/springs), but it could be because my bodykit makes the car look lower!

Before:

After:

Hope this gives you an idea of what the car would look like with just rims, the tyres are 215/40/r18
    Last edited by Simonnn; 28-06-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    NICE SIMONNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

What about the coilovers??? DID YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK? LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    LEXUS GS300
    wheels look good Simon! but you need to get onto suspension asap bro haha.

the mugen kit makes it look quite low, but wheel gap is no good lol, gotta get it to 1 or less finger gap
    3TripleZero

USDMyo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 EURO
    good move...ive had my N+ for over 2.5yrs now for street and track duties without any issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks guys, nice choice in rims, the bronze is a nice offset to the graphite. With adjusting the height of the buddy clubs, do you have to unbolt them to adjust height? Just from the little pics that i have seen of them they appear that way. I will investigate furthur upon getting the goods!
    Honda Accord Euro