Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: k20/24 motor

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EG4
    i might be new, but im pretty sure that the i-VTEC head on the K24 Euro's are not the same head as a K20 i-VTEC (Type R) Head, Honda now use the term i-VTEC even if the head doesnt support two cam profiles like a generic B16/B18C VTEC Head has.. So the fact of swapping generic K20(Type R) cams spring etc wont do the same result as swapping a K20 Head onto a K24Bottom end, would they even fit as the K24 doesnt support 2 cam profile lobs (aka 3 lobs) prob explains why people just dont change the cams ans they do change the heads? make sense ?? BUT i think some variations of the K24 Head DO have true i-VTEC but most do not, it why people FRANKIN them..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSMZR View Post
    i might be new, but im pretty sure that the i-VTEC head on the K24 Euro's are not the same head as a K20 i-VTEC (Type R) Head, Honda now use the term i-VTEC even if the head doesnt support two cam profiles like a generic B16/B18C VTEC Head has.. So the fact of swapping generic K20(Type R) cams spring etc wont do the same result as swapping a K20 Head onto a K24Bottom end, would they even fit as the K24 doesnt support 2 cam profile lobs (aka 3 lobs) prob explains why people just dont change the cams ans they do change the heads? make sense ?? BUT i think some variations of the K24 Head DO have true i-VTEC but most do not, it why people FRANKIN them..
    Not true. The CL9 Euro has the same 3 lobe/2 cam profile i-VTEC K24A head like the K20A head. You are thinking about the Thai Accord K24A which only supports 12V/16V operation.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    I am fascinated with k24 engines which I really enjoy in my CL9 even its not boosted as the response is good

I would really like to do a k24 swap to an EK anyone can help? or point me to the right direction thanks

yes put a k24 in your ek it will be a quick car, i went in my friends ek with a k24 it is crazy.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK/K24
    Quote Originally Posted by raffyboy View Post
    I am fascinated with k24 engines which I really enjoy in my CL9 even its not boosted as the response is good

I would really like to do a k24 swap to an EK anyone can help? or point me to the right direction thanks

I had a K24/K20 in my EK in NZ and it went really well, it is worth doing if you do it right. If you need any help let me know as I did the conversion myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Stop right there...
    Don't spend a cent or turn a spanner...
    You have a Euro & you want to fit a K20A (DC5R) head ?
    You already have DOHC iVtec & you're going to replace this with exactly the same & F-up the water lines etc in the process.
    An RRC intake manifold from a FD2R K20Z is a straight bolt-on to your existing head... Think about it....
    Anyway, rather than wastes money & piss in the wind,
    You'll get the same results if you just buy some K20A valve spring seats, fit the K20A-R cams & springs that you want.
    If you only want STD DC5 ITR cams & springs, got plenty... cheap too...
    Buy them, whack on an RRC & you're pretty much where you would have been with a whole lot less expence & greif.
    IMO, you'll get better results with aftermarket cams & an ECU (& maybe add a 50deg VTC too)
    So your saying the euro k24 head is the same design as the k20 ITR head?
    Are the K20 itr heads ported and polished at all or is the only difference the VTC, cams springs ect

Very interesting, as i am interested in doing a k series swap in the near future once off my p's (less than a year) and am trying to get a list together for pricing and whether a k20 type r or k24 with headwork would be the better option.

If they are the same head why do people bother with the k20 head on k24 bottom end. and how are the water lines affected?
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Account Disabled Array
    k20 Type R head flows more CFM in the higher rev range

Its a good upgrade for those who dont want to deal with people porting heads and etc. The k20 head would probably be one of the best OEM head to use on motor builds.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

Its a good upgrade for those who dont want to deal with people porting heads and etc. The k20 head would probably be one of the best OEM head to use on motor builds.
    So how do you get around the problems of the water lines?

Account Disabled Array
    What water lines are you referring too?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    in my quote of adrian in post 18 he stated

You have a Euro & you want to fit a K20A (DC5R) head ?
    You already have DOHC iVtec & you're going to replace this with exactly the same & F-up the water lines etc in the process.
    Is the k20 ITR head a straight bolt on to a k24 or does it require modification to complete the swap?

Account Disabled Array
    As far as i know off, there is no f - up water lines. Not sure what Adrian was referring too

Yes the k20 head directly bolt up to the k24 bottom end. No extra modification is required!

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

I think you mean higher lift,
    The K24A Euro head flows more at lower lift & is about on par at 13mm
    The K20A head flows more above this.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au