Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 black s2000

99 s2k clutch problems

Hey guys, Im having problems with my clutch or gearbox, it just started happening a few days ago but im having trouble putting it into gear expecially first or reverse gear. Nearly impossible to put it in, i have to switch the car off and put into gear then drive it. Also the clutch pedal is pretty much loose all the way and you can feel the clutch just a tiny bit at the end when normally the clutch is hard. im wondering if anybody could tell me a good honda mechanic in melbourne preferrably to the northern suburbs and if i need a new clutch what to buy, iv heard the exedy clutch kit is the same as the original and if i buy the 02+ onwards model clutch is it a straight fit with no clutch buzz, your feedback will be most appreciated thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Its a problem with your clutch master cylinder.

It is probably leaking, look inside the car on the firewall following the clutch pedal. If it looks wet then ur CMC is leaking OR just open up your CMC and see if its half empty.

Temporary fix is to to top it up with DOT4 clutch/brake fluid and repeatedly step on it, this will probably get it back to 50% effectiveness enough to baby it to a mechanic unless you have skills which I assume you don't. If this doesn't work you'll need a tow.

You will need to get a new clutch master cylinder and possibly a slave cylinder if that is going too. Unless your clutch is slipping you won't need a new clutch, the buzz is merely annoying and doing no real damage.

Budget <$500 for this to be fixed including labour. This is a generous overestimate if you need both slave and master changing.

Google the problem and there should be a write up somewhere on how to change it and hopefully thatll give u a better idea.
    Last edited by jbird; 03-07-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    definantly the clutch master
    i had this problem the day i picked mine up and went to pick up my gf.
    biggest overkill.
    i got mine changed and paid around 350. this included the master cylinder itself brand new from Honda *genuine*, new clutch oil, diff oil and tranny oil change.
    so i got a pretty good deal
    u want this treatment
    go to 'Edge motorworks' in campbellfield
    thye mite be able to do a decent deal for u.
    ask for a guy named kenan. big fella and tell him u no Tamay
    i cant gurantee 350 but i reckon he will do it for around 440
    he helped me out bcuz im pretty much his cuzn lol