Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    e46 coupe 04

Civic Gen 8 Type R or Tegra Type S

Hey guys,
    I've got a little conflict going. Im faced with either of the two but im not sure what to buy.
    I'm looking for an every day driving car, im not gonna take this car to the track. Practicality, comfort and performance are my main concerns.
    Any guys with experience with either or both?
    Also anyone think of any alternatives to these two for the same price range (25-32k)?
    I'm a p plater so turbos are ruled out and so are 350z :'(.
    Cheers gents

wow p plater and driving a 25-32k car? someones got potential man! hahahahas

civic 8th gen type r YO!

For practicality, both cars are hatchback and could move house if you fold the seats down
    both only have two doors, so if you want to carry people at the back, it would be a little bit inconvenient
    But it is not too bad and my friends don't seem to complain about it

Comfort? I drive the type S and NO, it is not what you call comfortable
    driving arround city and highway is okay
    but it will drive you mad over pod holes and speed bump

performance wise, it is about the fastest car you can drive if you are a P plater...unless you are going to buy a S2000
    your other choices are falcomdore and maybe E46 330
    Last edited by pigcheap; 07-07-2010 at 04:22 AM.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Its up to you coz they're both confortable or uncomfortable but personally i'd get the Integra Type-S. Other alternative in that price range is a JDM EP3 Civic Type-R, or as mentioned, AP1 S2000 but not as practical due to limited boot space and only a 2-seater
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    The civic, plenty of room at the back for a 2door car.
    Comfort is ok, I'd say more comfy than a Type S.

I drive the civic everyday to work and can't complain much... performance well... on par with the Type S
    Insurance isn't that bad depending on our age etc.

Have you looked at Renault Sports? but then again it's much smaller than both Type S and R
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

The type s is more comfortable the the type r. Performance wise and space wise it's marginal for the both. The teg has a bigger boot but the type r's rear seats get more leg room.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    The civic feels more refined, its beter insulated from road and engine noise. The engine in the civic also has balance shafts so it has less vibrations. As said before, performance is about the same, in stock form i reckon the civic feels more "planted" on the road than a type-s.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    e46 coupe 04
    Yeah i was leaning more towards the type r but its got bucket seats and all, and if my mum or dad drive it now and again theyre gonna find it hard to continually get in and out of it.
    S2000 idea has been scrapped just because of the lack of practicality.

I was thinking bout the new rx8 gt's they look tough as and are a few G extra for basically a brand new one. Anyone been in or own one of these?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by caosa View Post
    Yeah i was leaning more towards the type r but its got bucket seats and all, and if my mum or dad drive it now and again theyre gonna find it hard to continually get in and out of it.
    S2000 idea has been scrapped just because of the lack of practicality.

I was thinking bout the new rx8 gt's they look tough as and are a few G extra for basically a brand new one. Anyone been in or own one of these?
    If you care about the people sitting at the back, then don't get an rx-8. Compared to the first two choices, the rx-8 has minimal to no leg room for anyone taller then 4ft.
    Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    get a type S

or buy my one

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    The only i dislike about the new gen 8th civic Type-R is the rear torsion bar suspension systemand overall weighs heavier than the Type-S with less power
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    e46 coupe 04
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonS View Post
    If you care about the people sitting at the back, then don't get an rx-8. Compared to the first two choices, the rx-8 has minimal to no leg room for anyone taller then 4ft.
    Apparently its not that bad though according to some reviews ive read.
    If it is i guess im only carrying round me amputee mates =D