Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sri question

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i got my fujita CAI kit for just over $200 ... for the same money i also got a simota SRI

the SRI sounded good ... but i lost low end and mid power and there was no difference in response

the CAI sounds just as good ... and now i have a nice power gain over the whole rev range and alot better response =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    i got my fujita CAI kit for just over $200 ... for the same money i also got a simota SRI

the SRI sounded good ... but i lost low end and mid power and there was no difference in response

the CAI sounds just as good ... and now i have a nice power gain over the whole rev range and alot better response =)
    Was the stock box better for low end like 2-3k rpms then the cai, i just baby my civic and shift at 2.5k rpms so im guessing stock box would probably work for my driving. Still a learner for 3 more weeks xD
    Last edited by EK1 Civic; 07-07-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Pipe to front bar would be better, allows motion-enforced airflow into your airbox to complement the suction. It's also the cheapest option, total will cost you $100 max.

I paid $70 for a SRI and then annother $105 in parts to extend it to a CAI. If I had my time again I'd just use the box method, but considering it's my daily driver I CBF messing around with it.

Alternatively you can buy my CAI setup for $90. It's an APC short ram intake with some silicone and aluminium piping re-routing the pod to the front bumper lol.
    I just purchased some dishwasher hose from bunnings to feed the air into the bottom of my stock box =/ and currently doing beeza's calibrating tps DIY, just finished cleaning the TB and bits and pieces. So hard just to get the left bottom nut off the TB and SO MUCH FKing coolant poured out, i blocked it off and put a empty can underneath the car to collect it. Unbelievable how much coolant actually leaked out lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Sorry for the extra post but would anyone know which panel filter fits an ek1 1999 model?
    Both are panel filters just different sizes etc
    33-2120 or the 32-2104 from K&N (panel air filters)

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You don't have the take of the TB bro, just take off your intake and spray in the carby cleaner and wipe it out. Otherwise you run the risk of damaging the paper gasket.