buying legend 1996

Hi guys. Thinking of buying a 1996 model Legend. Any things that i need to know of before i buy one. what should i look for eg. any common rust spots area, electrical problem etc. Hope some of you Legend owner can help me out.

Member Array
    Car:
    89 & 97 Legend
    Hi there.

i myself am a legend owner but a first generation coupe owner.
    dont know to much about the second gens other than they blow headgaskets like bubble gum so got to be carefull.
    i will suggest to have a browse around on acuralegend.org and acura-legend.com theres tones of info on those site about the problems they have and how to pick them out. may want to sign up to and get a thread going if you want over there to. there pretty much all american but are willing to help with any questions ya have.

Cheers
    Travis
    The Legend King. Of Adelaide
    1989 KA3 Legend Coupe
    1997 KA9 Saloon
    Why? because Legendary thats why.

Thanks for that Travis, will check out those sites

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Hey,
    I own a KA9 Legend, great car, i love it. Its a cheap luxury car that has everything you want! Engine is excellent. I love it!

Member Array
    Car:
    KB1 Legend
    I had a KA9. Great car, but when things go wrong they get very expensive! having said this even after all my problems i still upgraded to the KB1. If you are going to buy one, get one with low k's. If you are going to mod one be carefull. I put 20's on mine which caused suspension troubles. Also if you have a heavy right foot you will have a heavy fuel bill! Hope this helps.

Is it easy enough to get oil filters, CV shafts, window regulators etc?
    Do the share any parts with other models?
    I'm considering a KA9 myself.
    HG problems you say?
    I had a Discovery so I know what a costly fix is. No going to let that happen again.
    There's not much info on legends on the web aside from a few whinges about transmission and power windows.
    Anyone have any experience with figures on timing belt replacement costs or common gripes?