Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 Civic VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    this generation Honda does not have this type of switch
    As I said, according to the Haynes manual that covers the 95-00 Civic (manual no. 4050-272), it does. Whether that means all models, I'm not sure. The manual seems to cover most of the models that we have here in Australia, and a few more that were available in Britain, but not here (eg the British-made 1.8 VTi, which used the B18C4 DOHC VTEC motor). It certainly covers the B16A2 motor.

To quote Haynes (Page 4A.16, Fuel shut-off inertia switch section), "The fuel shut-off switch is a safety device which automatically cuts off the fuel supply in the event of a sudden impact or collision. To reset the switch after an impact, depress the button on the top of the switch. The switch is located behind the passenger side glovebox on 3-door Hatchback, 4-door Saloon and Coupe models (accessible through the open glovebox), and behind the cigarette lighter on 5-door models (pull back the carpet and reach behind the console)."

Of course, it may just be British Civics that had it. I know of a least 2 other British fuel injected cars which had inertia switches, the 1972 Triumph 2.5PI (a relative had one he stacked!), and the Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8 (read that either in the owner's or workshop manual when I owned one a while ago). Luckily, I never needed to reset it, despite giving it plenty of bangs off road.
    Last edited by dahondr98; 09-07-2010 at 03:20 AM.
    Don