Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    the best is the autronic SM4 plug in mmmm
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    First rule as 'every one' would say: Go use an ecu that your preferred tuner can install and tune! There is no point of spending on i.e. autronics where your tuner is going to say "I'll have a fiddle with the program and get used to it" but truth wise, tuning is all the same, fuel and air. The difference is only the capability of each ecu and its interface.

Go with S300, Bisi @ Bisimoto did an excellent deal for me: http://www.bisimoto.net/store/

How much? - $680 US shipped via USPS

How long did it take to install? -30 mins (unplug old accord P0A ecu, swap O2 wire against egr in the harness and simply plug in the P28 with s300 in)

-> If you compare this to suppose say you bought a piggy back or haltech or autronic, it would be at least another $400 for workshop to do wiring and installation.

How long did it take to get 290whp? -3 hours worth of tuning from rough basemap, $600.

I still have so many capability in the s300 that I have not even touched, antilag, launch control, full throttle shift etc etc.
    Last edited by kccord; 30-04-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Swift GT-iA
    Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    First rule as 'every one' would say: Go use an ecu that your preferred tuner can install and tune! There is no point of spending on i.e. autronics where your tuner is going to say "I'll have a fiddle with the program and get used to it" but truth wise, tuning is all the same, fuel and air. The difference is only the capability of each ecu and its interface.

Go with S300, Bisi @ Bisimoto did an excellent deal for me: http://www.bisimoto.net/store/

How long did it take to install? -30 mins (unplug old accord P0A ecu, swap O2 wire against egr in the harness and simply plug in the P28 with s300 in)

-> If you compare this to suppose say you bought a piggy back or haltech or autronic, it would be at least another $400 for workshop to do wiring and installation.

How long did it take to get 290whp? -3 hours worth of tuning from rough basemap, $600.

I still have so many capability in the s300 that I have not even touched, antilag, launch control, full throttle shift etc etc.
    Seems your currently best off with a Hondata, but if you plan to ever move on from the Honda, consider wisely.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legs
    Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post

How much did it cost you to tune??

Member Array
    Car:

He said it right there;
    3 hours worth of tuning from rough basemap, $600.

Member Array
    Car:
    Turbo 85 Civic
    Yep, most tuners ive talked to range from 160 to 220 per hour of dyno time.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    I think Hondata S100B is the best bang for buck at only $350
    But as kccord says, its always best to use what your tuners comfortable using
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001