Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    wt a useful thread (Y)
    unfortunately the leaks in my del sol is far more complex then the situations mentioned
    water leaks from the top corner of the passenger side A pillar, where the bolt holes are; AND
    dips over the carpet somewhere under the glovebox
    probably will upload some pictures for u experts to give a diagnosis after my exam

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ?MDJ
    With leaks with more Del Sol I've done your trick before aswell Deano, worked a treat. Ive pulled my room off before and looked around in it, cleaned it with a bit of silicon spray to help the glass slide over the rubber aswell and its leak free : D, wish the rubber wasnt so expensive to replace though...

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    i just found the water is dipping from the heater fan
    that circular thing under passenger side's glove box
    any bro got any clue? T__T

i purchased a used roof and going to pull the crreky one apart to see what the issue is. keep you guys informed when i get around to it. atm cbf

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    it's so lucky that i hv time to kill all the water leaks and drained the blockage under the back window
    the roof leak was healed by deano's method perfectly
    the "fish tank" behind my butt i did it following by a step by step guide from crxaustralia (give yr own search)
    but the leak under the passenger side glove box is still there
    i googled and got one result but has no clue on how to do it
    just looking if some bro could show me how to take the wipers off and drain the damn thing

ref: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2148596

cheers

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    The wipers are just bolted on with a nut. It may have a cap over them which pivots up. Give it a go. Then they say to take the black cover off to clean out underneath it.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    definitely will give it a go tmr!!
    but after taking off the plastic cover wt should i do?
    would the water drain sth obvious?
    gotta fix it up quick b4 another big rain
    there's some molds developed on the carpet and sound deaden is soaked like a sponge...
    i guess the "water hippo" wouldn't last long
    cheers
    Last edited by dc292177917; 10-07-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Take the plastic cover off and try to find where the water would drain. Obviously the lowest point. Going by the thread you provided on Honda-tech, I take it this may be blocked and the water is backing up and coming through the fresh air vent.

Open it up and inspect, clean out all the crap you can see. I don't know, never done it personally.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    did a good hour of work, broke a few "plastic nuts" and left some holes on the cover
    NOTHING was blocked.....
    i m now pretty sure it's caused by a faulty design
    cause the fresh air vent opens up vertically and nothing covers it up
    if the rain is heavy enuf u know wt will happen yea? lol
    the only thing could do is turn the knob to in-car air circulation b4 u park the car outside
    some mechanism will block the vent

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by dc292177917 View Post
    wt a useful thread (Y)
    unfortunately the leaks in my del sol is far more complex then the situations mentioned
    water leaks from the top corner of the passenger side A pillar, where the bolt holes are; AND
    dips over the carpet somewhere under the glovebox
    probably will upload some pictures for u experts to give a diagnosis after my exam
    mine is EXACTLY the same after a huge weekend of rain

Removed the roof, cleaned al lthe rubbers and underneath the seals where I could get to it..

Did the bend-A-Pillar Windows inwards (helped reduce the rattle)..

but need to sort out where all this water is geting in.. fresh air vent WAS closed when it all came in I am fairly certain

will try n remove the wipers and cover and see if there is this mystical drain that gets clogged
    Last edited by VT3C; 12-07-2010 at 02:33 PM.

To the OP: Its chassis flex. Del sols are riddled with it. With no strut bars the car will flex at either corner which doesn't make the center/roof section of the car twist as much. When you have front or front+rear strut bars the car starts to twist more in the middle and the roof slides/creaks etc.

My front + rear is pretty stiff with coilovers, thick struts and thick sways so the center section twists like a bitch. it makes creaking sounds even with the roof off. Only thing i could suggest is lubricating the rubbers with a rubber safe grease or silicone. New rubbers will set you back 2k for a full set.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by VT3C View Post
    mine is EXACTLY the same after a huge weekend of rain

Removed the roof, cleaned al lthe rubbers and underneath the seals where I could get to it..

Did the bend-A-Pillar Windows inwards (helped reduce the rattle)..

but need to sort out where all this water is geting in.. fresh air vent WAS closed when it all came in I am fairly certain

will try n remove the wipers and cover and see if there is this mystical drain that gets clogged
    mate, try not to remove the cover unless u are sure that the drain is blocked
    becoz removing the cover means u hv to break those fking aged plastic nuts/plugs (which i broke them all and now leaving some holes)
    the best way to see if the drain is blocked i reckon is pour some water directly at where the cover and windshield joins
    if water doesn't come out under the chassis at a reasonable rate then pbly u need to brake those plugs.