Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon

An OZ Honda noob, but not a Honda noob!

Hey OzHonda-ers!
    I'm new to this site and looking forward to getting to know you all. I'm a world traveler and have lived here there and everywhere since birth. My family settled in Cali when I was a kid and SWORE by Toyotas. As soon as I had a chance I got a Honda and riced it up. This was a USDM 97 Accord EX Coupe, and in 99 it was very hot in the aftermarket scene. It didn't take me long to "rice it up" and customize everything I could, from the brakes mags and coilovers with triple tower (front upper, rear upper and lower) bars, port and polished engine with a polished rocker cover, AEM CAI and power pulleys, Pioneer DVD Nav system with Infinity speakers all the way around and a custom sub in the boot. Next was a fender bender which messed up the front clip of the frame and gave me a good reason to replace the whole front with a 99 Accord front end facelift and a 3M chameleon paint job.
    In the end it was all worth it, with a memorable track day being in the original Fast and the Furious. My car can be seen a few times, but the race ended up on the cutting room floor like most footage that didn't have a star in the car.
    Alas, I was using my baby as a daily driver and soon enough bad luck found me in an intersection and the car was totalled. Gutted.

I took a few years off from cars and even driving after that. Ended up in Holland where we got a wee Civic hatchback after my girls beemer died. Had a lot of fun with it, but left Holland a couple years later and it stayed.

In NZ I soon found a CH9 Accord Wagon SiR to get around with a growing family and still had fun. Did the basic intake, plugs and cables and that's about it. Did some SERIOUS driving in a few years and soon it was ready to be replaced. Already loving the Accord Wagon I found myself strangely attracted to the new CM2 wagon and spent almost a year finding a 24T Sports Package with a sunroof and traction control. I've kept it OG JDM and haven't changed a thing. Love it exactly how it is.

Recently picked up GE Jazz (base model) as a daily driver for my wife to commute to the city and back, and having fun doing some things to it. First was a horn upgrade, followed by mags and tint, next is intake and then.... who knows.

So we're starting to plan our big move to Oz in a couple of years and intend to bring both cars with us. We're still deciding where to go and what to do, so any advice is welcome.

Cheers,
    Blue

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    We do not have any Accord Euro wagons in Oz,so please post some pictures up for all of us to see.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon
    These are from the other thread in the Accord Euro section -

2002/3 5spd Triptronic - 24T "Sports Package" - JDM Import
    K24A2 "Red Top" Engine
    - Displacement: 2,354 cc (143.6 cu in)
    - Power: 200 PS (150 kW; 200 hp) @ 6800 rpm
    - Torque: 232 N·m (171 lb·ft) @ 4500 rpm
    - Bore: 87 mm
    - Stroke: 99 mm
    - Redline: Sequential Sportshift 7300 rpm
    Factory Sports Package Body Kit
    Factory Sports Package Spoiler
    Factory Sports Package 17" Mags
    Factory Sports Package Partial Leather
    Factory Sports Package Mesh Grille
    Factory Sports Package Red Cockpit and Upper Dashboard Display
    Factory Optional Sunroof
    Factory Optional "VSA" Traction Control
    Factory Premium Sound System - 7" Touch screen with JDM TV & AirCon Controls, components in front and rear, and subwoofer
    LED lights inside and out (only factory replacements, no additional)

Planned upgrades - Staying JDM. Panel filter upgrade and black JDM Oil dipstick.

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    17's and SLAM IT! haha wuld look hot!
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon
    its already on 17s, and can't do any mods before shipping over but I have H&R springs ready and waiting

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    Quote Originally Posted by OZHBlue View Post
    its already on 17s, and can't do any mods before shipping over but I have H&R springs ready and waiting
    oh yeah! how low are you dropping it? cant wait to see this!
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & Liberty
    Wow! feel sorry for the 97 Ex coupe... do you still have any photos of it?
    First time i ever seen a Euro wagon haha nice!

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    oh yeah forgot.

WELCOME TO OZHONDA!
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought