Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    8th Gen Civic Vti
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairda View Post
    1) Accelerate slowly - careful on the gas...the more slowly you step on the pedal reduces the chance of you injecting big globs of fuel into your engine which doesn't get burnt.
    4) wind up your windows if you dont have window visors as it affects fuel consumption...about 0.5L/100km at least..
    5) where possible do not use heater/AC, saps at least 1L/100km
    Your kidding arent you.... who told you all this stuff

If your engine is 'injecting big globs of fuel into your engine which doesn't get burnt' then you need to get it checked by Honda as your engine should be burning all the fuel regardless of throttle position.
    Winding down your windows does nothing unless you plan on travelling at extreme speeds. I dont believe everything i hear but i dare say thet Myth Busters would be pretty correct with their findings.
    The heater will not use any more fuel even if you have it turned to full hot. All the heater does is circulate water through the heater core and the air from the fan is directed through this core to heat the air.
    A/C on the other hand is a different matter as it needs the A/C compressor to cool the air entering the interior

As for fuel economy....
    I have a manual FD1 that i religiously run on Caltex E10 and i have no problems getting between 550 and 600klms per 42 litres around town including peak hour traffic

I dont know just how much extra power people are expecting to gain by running 98 octane but lets remember here guys its a naturally aspirated 1.8 litre engine. The gains to be had by using 98 octane may be at most 5kw's and you will never feel the difference with such a low power gain.
    Last edited by ido09s; 12-07-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    is caltex E10 any good , been using bp mostly ever since i got my eg.. then been turning to shell v-power now cus of fuel prices and its hard to find anywhere which gives out bp fuel discounts.

Maybe ill give it ago since i have lots of safeway fuel discounts. and see if its the same as the other 2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    8th Gen Civic Vti
    Well i have no problem with it and get good fuel economy from it. I never have problems with performance, actually the car drives very very well given its only a single cam 1.8

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu just got 9L/100km. Filled when it was cheap, didn't finish the tank. did 364 km over 15 days, and used 32.9L...

Badly broken in engine and short drives ftl

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    With E10 I got 360km with 32L. I think that's pretty good considering I was punching it to work every morning, vtec every corner lol...

Edit: lol curtis I just read your post. Pretty much the same...

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    lol can u actually feel vtec in the FD2?

i drove liek grandpa and got shitty fuel consumption... I find that if i drive reasonably aggressively, shifting at maybe3-3.5k, it makes no difference in the end in terms of fuel usage...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    im getting 5.1/100ks atm FTW. one tank last me so long. and it looks shit hot parked next to a prius.

but god damm its gutless. the brakes are ****ED too. rear drums FML.

still happy with it.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    time to get a bbk

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu just got 9L/100km. Filled when it was cheap, didn't finish the tank. did 364 km over 15 days, and used 32.9L...

Badly broken in engine and short drives ftl
    :|

my prelude does 9L also and it has over 200k km...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    bbk???
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    i think my engine's just badly broken in, and i only get short drives. mowells.

Bigbrake kit
    it'll be similar weight or lighter than stock...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Vti
    Hey all,

Bought the Vti brand new a month ago, now has 2000'ks on it. Has the 5 spd auto in it. Best we've got fuel wise so far is 580'ks on 42 litres of premium fuel. Very happy with that. 600'ks no problem as long as your not too far from a servo.....There were no bars left on the gauge and the light came on at about the 490 to 500 k mark. Thats just normal driving. Not even trying to save on fuel. Want to see what its like on E10 next.