Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 MY09
    I'd say it really depends on whether you'll have to stop and start a lot
    that wastes a lot of fuel

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post

i drove liek grandpa and got shitty fuel consumption... I find that if i drive reasonably aggressively, shifting at maybe3-3.5k, it makes no difference in the end in terms of fuel usage...
    i agree, that's what i've experienced too

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 FD1
    Wow it seems like u guys have amazing records. I recently just tested out over my last tank, 290 Kms with 2 bars left on the gauge. This is on Shell Unleaded95. So presuming it has used a total of 45 litres, that would mean 15L/100Kms. Dammit, must be city peak hour traffic everyday and probably revving too much
    Just filled up a full tank of Shell Vpower today, so far 10km done and - 2 bars already, not feeling good lol.
    So since there are 2 posts on petrol i shall just post my question here.

Over the past year of owning my car i have always been filling up with Shell Unleaded 95 and nothing else. Read this thread and am now running V-power so as to clear the unwanted stuff in the engine.
    So my Qns are :
    1) Would my engine have suffered in any case due to not having premium petrol clean it over the past year?
    2) Since the overall conclusion was that BP seems to have better L/KM, if my car is left with say, 2 bars of Shell Petrol, would mixing it with BP petrol cause any negative effects?

Hopefully you guys could help me out here, cheers
    Last edited by stanz86; 20-08-2010 at 12:20 AM.
    Ooooh Snap!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    To be honest, i think this is all about psychological effects in human between using BP Ultimate and other RON 98. I have noticed that i would have done at least 550km/tank with BP but for other RON 98 i done max is 510km/tank, refuel when one bar left. The best so far, i have achieve is 640km/tank most highway driving.

Civic FD1 Auto Spark Earth installed.
    Last edited by tinymoon; 22-08-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    holy crap you are a madman, Try taking it for a service or something :O

maybe your engine is badly broken in, and you cruise on the highways in 2nd gear...

but 15L/100 is more than my mate's 4.0L V6 Prado... and a 180sx etc...

maybe more than a V8

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Vti
    Hey all,

Well have run a couple of e10 tank fulls now and we're still making it to 600k's. There is no noticable difference in performance either. This is a combination of stop/start traffic and freeway driving and no deliberate economy driving. Very happy so far. Car has about 5000k's on the clock.

Cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    I have a stock EK1 and I get 10L/100km when I drive like a hoon it in city traffic (which is most of the time :P), and about 7L/100km when I drive sensibly. My record was 5L/100kms (highway driving). I had to go 400kms on 20L lol... I just made it...

On the topic of fuel quality, I have always been a believer of buying premium. I have always been told your engine will last longer if you do and I have seen evidence of people getting more km's out of higher octane fuel (they were bigger cars though, not sure if smaller cars would be different). When I can afford it, I will always try to put premium in my car.

And on the topic of e10, DON'T USE IT! lol. They know that it reduces the life of your engine, especially in older cars that weren't designed for fuel with ethanol in it. I mean, its up to you if you think the saving is worth it, or if your car is new and can handle it (still debatable), but personally I never let it near my 1997 car.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." - Soichiro Honda

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    I use e10 90% of the time. I get consistent high mileage and no engine troubles to speak of

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    I use e10 90% of the time. I get consistent high mileage and no engine troubles to speak of
    Its more of a long term issue. Is it an old car or a new one?
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." - Soichiro Honda

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Vti
    Well, inside of the petrol flap it says Ethonal (E10) suitable. So if Honda recommend it I'll use it. They have to warrant the repairs if it all goes bang....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Yeh, new cars have been designed to handle it so your all good

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    hrmm yeah my fd2 says e10 suitable as well. but on my cd5 i've been using e10 since it came out. the engine has been running strong and no ill symptoms yet

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    i was just thinking, if premium fuel is more saturated with fuel and what not, wouldnt it burn faster? therefore giving u less mileage in the short term at least?