Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7

cxi brake upgrade help

Ok ive got a 99 cxi with stock rotors and calipers. now im trying to work out which would be the more convenient way to do the upgrade..
    Im staying with 4/100 stud pattern
    but im looking at going with some DBA rotors
    now what im trying to work out is my rotor are 240mm and i want to upgrade to 260mm or lager if i can,

So can i just change the calliper to suit the rotorsor is there more to it.. if i can just change callipers what other hondas can i get them off..
    im still using drums on the rear at this point but i will be changing them in a few months down the track..

keep in mind im trying to keep it cost effective

All info and help will be most appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    $100 I got EK4 front brakes. Complete with knuckles, rotors, calipers and project mu brake pads. It's the 260mm you're looking for.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Stock CXi are 242mm, to upgrade to a 262mm you'll need the parts from barefoot above. You might also need to upgrade your brake booster and cylinder which you can get off ek4 or dc2r

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    $100 I got EK4 front brakes. Complete with knuckles, rotors, calipers and project mu brake pads. It's the 260mm you're looking for.
    hey bud, yeah the 260mm is what im looking for.. So is it going to be a straite swap??

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    OK can i go larger but still retain the 4 * 100 studd pattern?? or is the 262mm the largest i can go....

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    - DC2R calipers+pads + redrilled 282mm rotors.
    - Upgraded rear to discs frmo EK4 or Gli, need handbrake cable, 40/40 prop valve and upgrade the MBC to ITR or EK4

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    im running dc2r calipers w/ bracket machined 3mm, 282mm prelude vtec rotors redrilled to 4x100, with ek 262mm hubs. stops awesome but not worth the money and hassle. if i were to do it again id just do a 5lug conversion or dc2r 4x114 with with the 98+ front calipers and rotors...also gives u nicer wheel fitment

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa From Manila View Post
    im running dc2r calipers w/ bracket machined 3mm, 282mm prelude vtec rotors redrilled to 4x100, with ek 262mm hubs. stops awesome but not worth the money and hassle. if i were to do it again id just do a 5lug conversion or dc2r 4x114 with with the 98+ front calipers and rotors...also gives u nicer wheel fitment
    well i was thinkin the 4*114 as my rims are multi fit... will the shafts be ok as i have a b18c7 and also will i need to upgrade the brake booster from the ek1 to the dc2r ????

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    Another thing i was thinking about.. my rears are still drums...

now i am thinking about cutting some laps @ QR and Lakeside every now and then.. are the drums going to be up to it... if not and i need to change to disc, do i need to change the rear trailing arm.. as i have only just replaced the bush with hard race.... im gunna go with the 262mm rotors and calipers from bearfoot..

Member Array
    Yes you need the trailing arm, also a new handbrake cable. Re-use the hard race bushes. Upgrade your proportional valve to a 40/40