Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux 6MT
    mate the car sounds great.. go for it. you will never regret driving an Accord Euro.. a beautiful car to own.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by schonda View Post
    Does everyone here use genuine honda oils?
    Nope. I use Castrol Edge 5w-30.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Hey aaronng, how does that compare with Motul 8100 5w-30?? Because thats the one i bought. Is it worth the extra price?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ck.kyo View Post
    Hey aaronng, how does that compare with Motul 8100 5w-30?? Because thats the one i bought. Is it worth the extra price?
    Totally different league. The Castrol Edge 5w-30 is a cheaper hydrocracked engine oil, while the Motul 8100 is a more expensive PAO synthetic oil. Both work well on the street, but if you were going to stress your engine, go with the Motul 8100.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Yep, i guess ill just stick with Motul then, thanks for the answer, appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    You wont be dissapointed in the Euros i would rather a CL9 over any mitsubishi any day. Great cars. Look absolutely stunning.
    Honda Accord Euro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    Hey Everyone,

Well sorry for the LATE reply had uni exams.

I will be picking up the Silver Standard Accord Euro tomorrow. The dealer said he'd do the 100k service and will use genuine oils haha i asked him are you sure he said we have no choice, still dont believe him though so should i go take it for a good service before i drive it?

Hey Everyone,

Well sorry for the LATE reply had uni exams.

I will be picking up the Silver Standard Accord Euro tomorrow. The dealer said he'd do the 100k service and will use genuine oils haha i asked him are you sure he said we have no choice, still dont believe him though so should i go take it for a good service before i drive it?
    it could be possible but hmmm sounds too good to be true. Maybe you should check what's involved in 100k service. If it's just oil/filter change then it's possible, anything more than it I would ask the dealer for a proof of receipt on what has been done and if possible, get the information of the workshop where the car was serviced so that you might check with the workshop.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    yeah i already read the accord euro log book its nothing major from what i read just filter changes no timing belts or whateva belt it has....

is there a pdf log book of the euro online?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    6. Would an Accord Euro be more fun/comfortable to drive than a Mitsubish 380GT which is the same price but 96000k's compared to the euro 68000k's?
    7. Does the euro come with HID lights standard or is this just in the luxury version?
    8. the 17" wheels are really nice on the luxury or SPORTS version of the euro, can I get them for a standard euro, if so how much? Also will the ride quality be worse?
    9. What are the major service/problems ill face with the above car?
    10. Lastly, I can get the V6 Accord which has the same interior and same km's but looks not so...you know...as good as the euro but is the experience driving it overall better in the V6 version?
    I had the Euro for a long time - now driving a Mitsubishi 380 GT. The 380 is definately more comfortable, quieter and smoother than the Euro. It is actually a better car than I ever expected. The handling between the two cars is not all that different in stock form - and the 380 auto is faster in most situations than the manual Euro.

The 380VRX beat the Euro in the Wheels 'handling olympics' a few years ago with slalom tests etc - I reckon the Euro is ahead but it is closer than you might think.

Overall the manual Euro is more "fun" vs the 380 if you want something chuckable. It is a smaller and lighter. I wouldn't buy the auto Euro as it is significantly slower.

But if you want something bigger and more room for the family - the 380GT is very good! You will get more car for the same money + the peace of mind with the warranty. I paid $17k for the 380GT with 29,000kms and 3 years factory warranty left. Leather, sunroof, bluetooth, etc.

Downsides with the 380 are no stability control (all Euros have this) and no curtain airbags (some Euros have this).

As a new car the 380GT was ridiculously overpriced - almost $50k on the road. But as a used car buy under $20k with factory warranty remaining - it is very good value.

Edit - just saw you went for the Euro - can't see how you will be dissapointed so best of luck.
    Last edited by yfin; 01-08-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Best of luck with your Euro,I am sure you will LOVE it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic 08 Vti-L
    Hi All,

Love my Euro just got it today will post pics soon in this thread.

I'm in sydney and I was thinking to do a 100k service, reckon i should take it to a honda dealer to do it? I was thinking of getting everything flushed out - oil, trans etc so i can have it all fresh and new, worth it?