Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 04

Paint Protection - Clearshield

Has anyone used Clearsheild paint protection on their Euros? I'm looking at getting part of the bonnet wrapped and was quoted $275.
    As it's not a complete bonnet wrap, just wondering if the line of the Clearshield on the bonnet is quite visible. I've read and informed that when the car's dirty the line is clearly shown but if clean then it's not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    do a search, I remember buddah getting his done by someone and not liking it, not sure if it was clear shield or venture shield.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Yeah, buddah had it installed, but the installer didn't do the best job. Parts of the clear bra were not aligned properly and some of the corners lifted. He had to trim them with a blade.

I have seen it on a few cars. You notice it more on darker cars, it makes the paint look less clear, ever so slightly cloudy. You do see a faint line, but on silver and white cars it's hard to detect unless you are looking for it and within a few feet of the car.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    What is this you guys are tlaking here.. Is it something can put and remove? ANy picture or website would be helpful to see if i can buy and put for my car as well...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Its a clear plastic film you stick on your car Raj, a clear car bra.
    http://www.clearprotection.com.au/faq.html
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I would recommend a clear paint protection film to anyone, just go with either ventureshield which has a lifetime warranty or 3M which has a 5 year warranty. I had a Partial front wrap done in ventureshield & while the product itself is great, you need to be very careful on who you get to install it. My installer was Altapac in Newcastle & I could not recommend them to anyone as there is a difference on where the product finishes on opposite sides of the car. In addition to this they failed to prepsol the area properly where the clear wrap was to go, meaning they fitted it to a waxed area of paint causing those sections to lift. The quality of the finished product is completely in the hands of the installer.

If I had to do it again I would without hesitation, I would just use a different installer such as Ozicozi who are located in Brookvale or another company whose name escapes me on the gold coast.

I can't see the point of just doing the front of the bonnet alone, at least include the front bumper & headlights.

Beware of immtation products as Ventureshield & 3M are the best.