Thread: panel or cai?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3

panel or cai?

got a problem on wat 2 do 2 my jazz, i was keen on putting in a simota cai but then i talked 2 my mate about chucking it in and he sed it cud b bad 4 ur car if u dont do it properly, i cant really remember wat he sed but it was somewhere along the lines about pistons, igniting, sumthing sumthing sumthing............he told me just 2 get a k&n panel filter(can u get them 4 jazz?) or the one from 999..................so wat shud i do? wat are the pro's & con's?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Pistons igniting? Can't say I've heard of that before. The downside most people say to CAI's is hydrolocking which is pretty rare anyway.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon
    The only logical argument I've heard about panel over CAI is that CAI might hydrolock if it gets wet, but you can get a breather filter to prevent this. Another argument is that replacing your air box with a CAI you adjust your power band and overall performance of your engine as the air box has been specifically designed for your engine, which has been tuned in turn to match the air box. Replacing your stock air filter with an aftermarket high-flow filter is a quick and easy mod which will increase your engines performance while retaining a stock look to your car.

Pro CAI - Induction noise. Mean sounding machine.
    Con CAI - Maybe EPA issue, noise and emission.

But I'll go with CAI anyway.

By the way, where did you get your Simota CAI. Last time I checked with the guy at simota.com.au, they only have standard intake for GE and GD Jazz instock.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3
    just go on their US website, i think it mite b cheaper ordering from there