Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes,but will it work if U just block the IACV off on the back,I think so..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ntake+manifold

Gotta bore out the stock TB to 60mm.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Yes,but will it work if U just block the IACV off on the back,I think so..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ntake+manifold

Gotta bore out the stock TB to 60mm.
    Yeh they bypassed the hoses on the y7 to y8 swap. But they said getting an automatic one just makes life easier.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    U know what it wont work because U need to a b16 TB with the skunk2,edelbrock or blox IM.And the y4 is the black sheep of the lot because it has a 3 wire IACV and the b16 is 2.As far as I know it could be adapted but U have to know what your doing...not easy.

Pretty sure that's the bottom line..

Check this old thread out.Ricer got Hondata working on his y4!

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ondata-allowed

I'm about to tune mine with emanage.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I'll PM Ecu man.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    righto i have looked into this myself because i wanted to run a skunk2 IM. You can use the Y4 tb, get that bored out & a IACV bloack off plate on the back of the IM. OR, Use a B-series TB, & buy an edgeauto EK1 conversion harness cause thats the only way you can run a TB without the IACV....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1 Civic View Post
    I don't want a b series or a car with vtec, dont wanna start trashing the car and acting like a dickhead red lining it for the vtec.
    LMFAO why u driving a Honda then ??? i think there is absolutely no point spending a cent on a single-banger NON VTEC.. the motors are meant for efficiency and re-grinding a stock cam can give you extended DURATION at the expense of LIFT.. that is unless you weld-on lumps of metal then grind it back down smooth.. but i'd personally never put a re-ground cam in my head !! too risky !! so what is the point of that ?

even if you bump the compression and fit i/h/e and an ecu tune your non vtec will be lucky to hit stock D16Y8 figures LOL.. the labour cost of a cam regrind and install and tune would prob be MORE than what it costs to do a swap.

if you dont want to be redlining it like an idiot for VTEC, then do a B18B or B20 swap.. yes it's a B-series but it has bucketloads of torque and even more HP than any single cam effort.. plus with the B20 all your power is there before 6,000RPM. match that to an EK4/EG6 gearbox and you got a quick and reliable daily driver with V6 like torque (when in a civic).

otherwise, i think you're in the wrong camp - go buy a VW golf and get soem torque in your life without being a 'Vtec idiot' HAHAHA.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    The point is when im on my p's i dont want to get pulled over and driving the car hard for vtec. And i dont want people to reply saying do a b swap k swap etc... I just wanted to know if the y8 manifold is the same as the y4. The reason i drive the car is cause i like the shape of the ek. I don't remember saying vtec idoit? The point is vtec kicks in towards the last few thousand rpms, i don't want to be tempted with the desire to always rev the car and get busted by a speeding camera or an undercover cop...
    Last edited by EK1 Civic; 16-08-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by VT3C View Post
    LMFAO why u driving a Honda then ??? i think there is absolutely no point spending a cent on a single-banger NON VTEC.. the motors are meant for efficiency and re-grinding a stock cam can give you extended DURATION at the expense of LIFT.. that is unless you weld-on lumps of metal then grind it back down smooth.. but i'd personally never put a re-ground cam in my head !! too risky !! so what is the point of that ?

even if you bump the compression and fit i/h/e and an ecu tune your non vtec will be lucky to hit stock D16Y8 figures LOL.. the labour cost of a cam regrind and install and tune would prob be MORE than what it costs to do a swap.

if you dont want to be redlining it like an idiot for VTEC, then do a B18B or B20 swap.. yes it's a B-series but it has bucketloads of torque and even more HP than any single cam effort.. plus with the B20 all your power is there before 6,000RPM. match that to an EK4/EG6 gearbox and you got a quick and reliable daily driver with V6 like torque (when in a civic).

otherwise, i think you're in the wrong camp - go buy a VW golf and get soem torque in your life without being a 'Vtec idiot' HAHAHA.
    Oh yeah a B18B2 with i/h/e would be awesome in an EK imo. however i can understand the OP wants something more than just i/h/e out of the engine he has. The only person i know of that has modified an NA Y4 is beeza, & i dont hear any complaints from him. I guess its a 'unique' factor....

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    I'm not after a new engine, just gonna go for i/h/e and purchase a new cam. As well as anything cheap that i can put from other Honda models, not gonna spend 350 on a new skunk2 IM etc. Such as y i asked if the y8 IM is same or different as can be picked up from local wreckers. But anyways thanks for everyone's help, IM is pretty much same shit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK project
    did you end up getting ur Ps leon?

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by dusAn View Post
    did you end up getting ur Ps leon?
    LOL I FAILED THE TEST HAHAHA - Was on a road and chicks like turn left, and i did. Apparently your meant to head check if the road has a bicycle lane when turning into another street. Sep 17th is my next test.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK project
    lols gg