Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    From all I have read..
    Bonet, front fender, and front bar are different..

engine being different, but mountings are the same? (assumption since its a K20 engine)

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    if u want list, it will be 2 pages !!! ..lol
    ie. fd2r have under door light,LED 3rd brake lamp with white cover, thicker arb, 3 pcs under carriage cover (+3optional), brake cooling slate,dark color gear base and handbrake, even steering wheel trim is different too.
    and too many to list (small + big parts) ..lol
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 USDM Civic Si Sedan
    What if you import the vehicle and the drive train seperate? People in the states do this often.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    won't work. u need to cut the chassis in half at the very least.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    To bring in a complete chassis it would only be for race use, which requires a CAMS licence and results I think.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 USDM Civic Si Sedan
    Well that sucks! Here in the states there are several methods for importation of vehicles.

There is one where a vehicle can be imported for race and off road purposes. Many companies do this to promote their business' at show and race events. After 12 months the car must be destroyed or returned to country of origin.

There is another where the car can be imported and legally driven for up to 12 months as a visiting owner vehicle. Luckily the US is bordered by Canada and Mexico and a briefe trip across and return can renew this 12 month period. I know if several people who have freinds and relatives of Mexico where some hot European cars are sold, such as the Renault Clio V6, and the Seat Leon Cupra R. They have Mexican plates but are driven here in the states. After 12 months the car goes back for a short time then bounces over the boarder for a frsh 12 months.

One could probably import the FD2R for the 1st method I mentioned above if it's permissable, strip the car and report the parts as stolen. Not very ethical but may very well work.

Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidnkorner View Post
    Well that sucks! Here in the states there are several methods for importation of vehicles.

There is one where a vehicle can be imported for race and off road purposes. Many companies do this to promote their business' at show and race events. After 12 months the car must be destroyed or returned to country of origin.

There is another where the car can be imported and legally driven for up to 12 months as a visiting owner vehicle. Luckily the US is bordered by Canada and Mexico and a briefe trip across and return can renew this 12 month period. I know if several people who have freinds and relatives of Mexico where some hot European cars are sold, such as the Renault Clio V6, and the Seat Leon Cupra R. They have Mexican plates but are driven here in the states. After 12 months the car goes back for a short time then bounces over the boarder for a frsh 12 months.

One could probably import the FD2R for the 1st method I mentioned above if it's permissable, strip the car and report the parts as stolen. Not very ethical but may very well work.
    sounds like you guys are having fun
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EH9 CIVIC
    missing out on so many awesome cars here

Get use to it, its Australia, more crap coming soon from the Authorites...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    Heres an analogy you probably havent heard in awhile....Difference between FD2's K20Z2 and the FD2R's K20A is like chocolate and shit. FD2Rs have currently the most powerful K20A at about 225 hp Kudos to initial D. The K20Z2 is truly weaksauce..if only they put in the Z1 i would be happy to have that and not bother with trying to import the FD2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    well actually my fd's got a fd who got his s2000 written off, and then he imported a JDM s2000 whole car and did something to get that registered, but not quite sure how it works......but sounds like illegal thou, hope no cops watching this ,touch wood haha

I'd say to OP, bring in your CD6. I think you'd be the one of the very rare few in Australia. Haven't yet to see one, so i'd even say the only one in Australia? For sure in Melbourne at least.