Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    ive been quoted 2.3k for b18c2 with installation into my integra when i blew my gsi engine

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECnique View Post
    when u guys say B18, do u mean the B18C or the b18b?!
    its so vague. some ppl refer their b18c2 as b18c. sigh. its big difference.
    please only say b18c when it is actually stamped b18c. i dont get these ppl.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    its so vague. some ppl refer their b18c2 as b18c. sigh. its big difference.
    please only say b18c when it is actually stamped b18c. i dont get these ppl.
    my point exactly i dont know if the OP is using a B18C or a B18B?!

Sometime ago i was looking into dropping a B18B2 into my EK1. reason being for the B18B2 is because its alot cheaper, & im sure i can find a wrecked GSi for pretty cheap...

Its still an 'upgrade' from the d16y4, an extra cam & 200cc more. Much better motor for boost aswell, rods arent toothpicks like the D-bangers....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    The B18B is another engine that I think is underrated. I drive my brother's with I/H/E every now and then, and it pulls fine. Much faster than a D-series and without the bigger price figures associated with the B's and K's.
    The only let-down with it is the GBox ratios and FD, but if you can find a hydro B16A GBox for like $500 +/- that would fix this issue nicely.

On the other hand, if you're considering a B18B upgrade why not consider a AUS delivered H22A? It would only set you back an extra $500 for the motor at most, and then you're looking at 150kw of DOHC VTEC goodness! I'm heard the 2.2L torque in a Civic really is something to behold

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    B18b pulls much better than D-series, but again, suffers the same thing, runs outta puff pretty quick after 100km/h lol, but certainly a worthy upgrade should u blow ur D-series

Ive seen H22a conversion, pretty good, correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt doin h22a eliminate ac and ps? h22a is quite the motor, pulls hard all round

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I'm sure you can run AC and PS if you're desperate. There are ways to re-route the pumps and all that stuff, or you could get a 1/2 radiator etc to create more space. But hey PS is overrated IMO like ABS lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    the only reason i would drop a B18B in my ek1 is because on a stock block they take well to boost. ~250whp on a stock block sounds good to me....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    B16 blocks can take 250WHP also.

Not sure about D's though...anybody tested?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    are we talking about how much the actual block can take before cracking or as in the bottom end? lol
    A friends cousin eg, b16 made around 320hp on dyno, so im assuming that B16 can hack more, but not for very long, stock bottom end as well
    With regards to D16, around 150kw is the limit, before it spits out a rod, just from what iev seen and heard

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    ive seen alot of H22A wit no air con n PS....alot to sacrifice.
    D16 are hopeless i recon! unless you turbo it!
    B-serious m8