Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Samm928 View Post
    thermostats on b series die pretty quickly.

i suggest you go to the local autoshop and pickup a replacement thermostat. probably $35 or so dollars. will get your car alot warmer faster. due to b series they stay open when they are F$%KED.
    sounds like very sound advice to me....

with the emphasis being on replacement oem, not mugen spoon etc...

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    mugen, spoon etc are more used for track opening up at i think it was 67degree's...

my mugen thermostat lasted me a good 2-3years before dying which i was pretty happy with. but considering it was $100+ for a thermostat it was hmm.. i think i had too much money to spare that time..?

i also had a oem replacement it laasted about 6-8months.

was good while it lasted. and its all you really need.

mugen,spoon etc are better for track due to keeping your car cooler(due to opening up earlier) under harsh stress driving conditions i.e track,drag

Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    a quick fix is buy a thermostat that opens up abit earlier.... like the mugen one or something
    ok then

you gave false and misleading information.

thats why you received negative rep.

you deserved it.

I see that Samuel (I think that is his name) has given you a trade rating. You must be either his friend or have bought off him and have had personal contact with him.

I'm assuming that is why he has backed you up and corrected your mistake.
    Last edited by Bludger; 23-08-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    do you know what a thermostat is? i think what your talking about is a coolant temperature sensor.

A thermostat is a spring operated valve which allows the flow of coolant through the cooling system. When the car is cold the thermostat will stay closed in order for the car to heat up faster. So if you bought a thermostat that opened earlier then it would effictivley take longer for that car to warm up.
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    how is it misleading it is your thermostat theat measures the temperature of the car allowing it to let the car engage vtec

that is why i am not the only person who has advised a new thermostat

a new thermostat that opens earlier wil let the car know it is warm quicker thare fore solving the problem posted for this thread
    false and misleading again.

your thermostat doesn't measure engine temp. Your thermosensor does. your thermostat doesn't allow your car to engage vtakkkkkkkkk, your ecu does.

you advised a mugen thermostat, which opens earlier. a thermo that opens earlier to allow coolant flow to the radiator will cool the coolant. not warm it up quicker. your engine will forever be in cold start mode unless you're fanging it.... ie. tracking it or driving hard. this is when you need a thermostat that opens earlier. Your hard driving creates more heat....

"a new thermostat that opens earlier wil let the car know it is warm quicker thare fore solving the problem"
    this statement is utterly false and misleading and i would give you another neg rep if i could.

just give up man, leave now and save face.
    Last edited by Bludger; 23-08-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Wooooow guys take a step back and chill, fighting on forums aint cool, were here to help each other solve our car troubles, right? negativity should be kept to a real life/personal sort of matter if you know what I'm saying.

In terms of your vtec issue, when your trying to engage vtec is your temp gauge at running temp? (pointing to about 11 o'clock)
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    "Wooooow guys take a step back and chill, fighting on forums aint cool, were here to help each other solve our car troubles, right? negativity should be kept to a real life/personal sort of matter if you know what I'm saying"

Agree'd

"no, i like giving people a bit of stick"

Immature

Quote Originally Posted by koevi View Post
    "Wooooow guys take a step back and chill, fighting on forums aint cool, were here to help each other solve our car troubles, right? negativity should be kept to a real life/personal sort of matter if you know what I'm saying"

Agree'd

"no, i like giving people a bit of stick"

Immature
    dude, I've been this way since I joined this forum.

never grow up.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    dude, I've been this way since I joined this forum.

never grow up.
    should have more ppl like you bau, monitoring idiots on ozhonda and neg rep 'em bitches.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    box on wheels
    at times it is at running temp but it goes up and down from running temp back to cold wen picking up all the cool air.. when driving around on cold nightss''' specially after i installed better radiator i think

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I had the same issue, and my car was taking SO long to warm up, it turned out it was because the thermostat was malfunctioning and causing the motor to over-cool itself. I replaced the thermostat with a tridon one from my work (supercheap auto) and now she works a treat.

Hope this info is helpful to you!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015