Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

buying jazz over swift or yaris?

hey all, im tryna convince a friend to get a jazz, i dont know much about those 4, except the jazz is the best looker of the bunch, lol hence why i keep tellin her to get one

Any real pros with jazz compared to the others?

and any real dramas with them, mechanical wise?,
    i heard that they may encounter wheel bearing problem with the early gen jazz, as well as gear box issues, im not to sure, plz point me in the right direction

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I am also in the exact same boat, with a budget of 10k for my gf.

In terms of looks i'd call them equal, all kinda cutesy looking and all.

I know it's not about power, but is that L13 engine any good, and should i be avoiding it? Is it painfully slow?

sorry for threadjacking

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    same boat here. 10+ishk budget.

gonna get a Jazz for sure.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO LUX
    Well with the Yaris, it is very roomy inside for the passengers but the boot space is tiny.

Ive been in a swift ages ago but i dont remember how it was inside.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2009
    I bought jazz because of the space available inside compared to swift/yaris. I'm quite big, therefore space does matter for me

As for the engine, Most of my friends recommends 1.5 engine instead of the 1.3 ones, they said when it gets really hot and you blow the Aircon on, it will deter the performance. Correct me if i'm wrong though

swift sport wins out of all of those if it comes in under buget otherwise a manual jazz definately not 7 speed auto

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '10 Jazz
    I'd definitely pick the Jazz over a Yaris, its so much roomier inside, and a LOT nicer to drive.
    Can't comment on the Swift though, I have yet to drive one.

Only thing to look for in a Jazz really, is the CVT problems. The whole car judders when launching on medium/heavy throttle. Honda extended the transmission warranty, and will flush the transmission fluid free of charge for vehicles under a certain mileage.

As for the engines, I used to have a 1.3L CVT, and its not exactly a rocket, but it does the job nicely with one or two passengers. More than that though, and it will start to struggle up hills. Around town its great though, and you'll get 6L/100kms easily
    If you can get a 1.5L within your budget, i'd go for that though, can't imagine a bit of extra power ruining anyones day

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    hands on jazz beats the other 2 in terms of looks as for the engine preferably if your able to find the 1.5 for a decent deal then it would be good, doesn't seem like much now but if you compare the 2 with a few mates in there with you will prob feel the diff in power you rather have the extra kw the 1.5 gives over the 1.3 its a bitch going up huge hills with 1.5-1.6l civics cant imagine how the 1.3 will handle this .. best take any potential buys up a hill and see how this goes

i've also heard of a few problems with the gearbox on the manuals not sure if it applies to auto but does seem to be quite a few stories on it prob do a search about this maybe it can shed more light on this issue someone please correct me if this is just rumor

i hv driven on these three cars. In terms of the performance, the swift sport definitely the best as it has a 1.6L engine and u could only hv a manual. but if you ask me to select these car all with 1.5L engine and auto i would choose Jazz. While the jazz using the normal CVT model, the yaris do acclerate faster. However, when the jazz change to use the 7speed mode, it is faster than the yaris even the yaris is on S( I hv tested it with my friend).

I think the CVT is not too bad, quite smooth and easy to drive. It does lack of power but the 7 speed mode really can help on accleration. People always say there are many problem with the CVT transmission but as long as you hv use the correct Cvt transmission oil from Honda, service it regularly, try to not damage the gear box (not always keep changing from D to N while driving and stop completely before u change from R to D) then it should be fine.

In terms of the interior, yaris has the largest interior but a really small boot. you can hear the loud noisy engine sound when u r driving the car. And i think Swift and Jazz is about the same. I think the design of interior is better on jazz.

Handling: i reckon the jazz has the best handling according to my experience. Yaris has the heaviest streeing wheel compare to jazz and swift.

The price of Jazz is more attractive for me. U can get a 03-05 Vti-s(top range) for about 12-14k. n thats y i bought jazz finally :]

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    cheers guys, ill pass it on, seems pretty positive reviews, only real bad thing is pricing compared to the other cars in same league, bit more pricey, one more thing, how are spare parts, in terms of price? now ppl say in general hondas are expensive, but i cant say cause iev yet to buy gear from dealership

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Jazz.... I bought my 09 GE 1.3L got $15k last week.
    Love it

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    not sure if this will help but my gf has the yaris sedan (1.8l) she currently sits on 23.xxxkm and has had it serviced by Toyota since purchase however the engine noise is rather loud inside and the idle vibrations are noticeable even after a fuel injection clean and the cluster positioning is annoying, right in the middle of the dash, no idea if it's the same with the hatch but it's annoying.
    Why hello there