Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[CRX]
    farken noobs jumping in -_-
    yes fine your sis's car would go well etc etc
    relax there panda my man hehehe
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Boosted CRX SiR
    Firstly, I haven't gone through other people's comments in answering your query so please disregard my reply if there is any evident ignorance on my behalf...you're bound to be inundated with pros & cons concerning N/A & boost towards your Honda so ask yourself some questions prior to digesting what the forum has informed you so far...

1. What do you hope to achieve with your conversion?
    2. Budget contraints?
    3. Short-term agenda?
    4. Long-term goals?
    5. Why the Type-R engine?

I'm not concerned with anyone disagreeing or disputing with me here but my stance on this matter goes like this...if power is your goal & you plan on keeping the Honda in your possession for a lengthy duration then allow your finances to accomodate & boost it...do it right first time & don't settle for second best concerning parts...

You want VTEC then transplant either the B16A or B18C...you want higher boost then upgrade your internals (JE forgies & Crower rods are a good place to start)...don't cut corners...build it right & get the best to tune it...plenty of tough VTEC Hondas around so a wealth of info out there to be digested...in no part am I implying I have a quick ride but after experiencing in excess of 200kWs at the wheels in my own CRX, I'm quite safe to assume that a snail + go-fast bits justifies the outlay for a pulsating drive if power is a priority...all the best with whatever path you decide to embark on mate

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    ^ very right!
    basically what everyone is saying is it's a good idea, however most of us would go for the vtir/sir option rather than spending extra on a type R engine in which u are just going to upgrade the internals anway

Quote Originally Posted by q_ball
    relax there panda my man hehehe
    man the guy didnt help with the question at all. it doesnt take a brain surgeon to realise that b18c + boost = quick

so if you want to boost or do an engine swap state your goals and budget then you can research and gain more info from there. your budget might only be 10k.. or you might have a budget like BLKCRX
    there are alot of in betweens so put some thought into it and give us some more info on what u want and we can give a better answer

also try the search function as there is alot of info floating around here
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    hmm i have a budget ? lol do tell me what it is LOL ehheeh

Regards James

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9+E36 318 iS Sport
    wow!

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen II CRX
    There is a lot involved, and some insurance company's will love you to bits
    I wouldn't bother turbo'ing it, too much hassle

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 Civic EG VTi hatch
    $10k for the work, $10k for the insurance.

DONT BE SO NARROW PEOPLE. LET THE GUY DO WAT HE WANTS. his money, his idea, his car. man, turbo or not turbo its a Honda and thats good enough. Geez people chill out abit

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen II CRX
    What turbo you thinking of getting champ?

I have heard of ppl turbo'ing the B16A *Banzai*
    But not the Integra engine B18c? something like that... don't know a great deal about them, only that stock they have about 105fwkw's, so I could only imagine how must of a difference boost would make

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Gen 2
    Take the advice from people that know what they are talking about ie. CTR Coupe.

The reason people are saying dont bother with a ITR engine is that if u are going replace parts then u are better off $ wise getting a VTIR engine. As you are going to want to change the compression of the engine to enable higher boost, it only makes sense to buy a VitR engine and save money so u can build the engine stronger.
    But if u dont want to listen to peoples advice then dont post asking for any.