Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (noob question) - what are the benefits of upgrading the springs and retainers?

rev higher so can make more power,also it is piece of mind as it strengthens your valve train

So by doing the upgrade the car can rev beyond the standard redline (tuned properly of course)? I am in the process of building a boosted D16, so I should invest in springs and retainers yeah? I'm looking into a more aggressive cam and adjustable cam gear to suit also.......

yea thats the whole idea...u get a shit load of mid range from more aggressive cams aswell. im selling some buddy club spec 3 for 500 + shipping if your interest brand new, wot CR u gonna b running?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED Hatch
    Adding higher lift longer duration camshafts puts more load onto your valve springs. to ensure you dont snap your springs, you can replace the stock ones with hardened purpose built springs and retainers.
    ::Street Level::

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    BC spec III+ cams as mentioned arent very aggressive. u can get away with just using OEM Type-R springs and if its your daily, just keep the steel retainers (or replace with OEM) as the titanium ones wear down. ur not gonna go past 8,500rpm anyway so u wont have to worry about valve float

perfect now i understand! Thanks guys =]