Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Track Prep FN2R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    ordered a set of BC racing, looked at other brands but couldnt afford the prices

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    Will coilovers still work in conjuction with the camber bolts?
    And do i need 2 pairs of bolts?? i.e. 2 sets
    depends if they adjust camber with camber tops (in which case 2 pair of bolts will work)
    or if they adjust with offset bolt holes (in which case only 1 pair will work)

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by lukits01 View Post
    depends if they adjust camber with camber tops (in which case 2 pair of bolts will work)
    or if they adjust with offset bolt holes (in which case only 1 pair will work)
    I bought 2 sets of these: http://www.ingallseng.com/81280-16mm...olts_pair.html

It says to purchase 1 set per wheel, so I assumed I needed both. And hopefully I can achieve -2degrees camber with it

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Good news! The ingalls camber bolts that I ordered have allowed me to achieve -2.07 degrees camber, if you are using 2 sets of bolts maximum camber achievable can be + - 4 degrees.
    So i will try this setup for now and if later i need a more agressive alignment it can be possible. Toe settings are + 0.2mm each corner on the front and Caster approx + 4 degrees.

This alignment hopefully will give me less understeer and better turn in around corners

Done my oil change using Motul x-cess 8100 5W40 and brake fluid flush and change with Motul RBF600. After changing the brake fluid, the brake pedal is very sensitive now, a lot better than before! I should have much more confidence in the car now, will be off to track next thursday! All set to go, at the moment still need to get my semi slicks mounted onto the wheels

The rear however, being a torsion beam setup I have no adjustability of the alignments but my readout for the standard setup shows:
    -1.22 degree camber on the left and -0.52 on the right so overall approx -1degree and toe is little inconsistent with +0.6mm on the left and +3.2mm on the right
    Last edited by jyh888; 27-08-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Your rear data is nearly the same as mine with the camber L~ -1.18 R~ -0.53

Good luck at the tracks. I was planning to go with you but my car is not ready yet and won't be for a while. Maybe next time. Hope you hit your target lap time.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothaz View Post
    Good luck at the tracks. I was planning to go with you but my car is not ready yet and won't be for a while. Maybe next time. Hope you hit your target lap time.
    Don't worry there's always next time! How's the suspension coming along? What's happening to your car?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcha4 View Post
    Your rear data is nearly the same as mine with the camber L~ -1.18 R~ -0.53
    Yea that is very similar, i think that's how they come as standard. Do you know what your rear toe settings are?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Toe L~ +2.1 R~ -0.5, gotta get another alignment check before I send the data off to the UK for an alignment kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    Don't worry there's always next time! How's the suspension coming along? What's happening to your car?
    My sussy is great!! soooo comfortable and the sharp turn-ins are awesome. The car is so responsive now and so fun to drive. i still got heaps to do to my car. LSD, rear shims and alignment, headers and exhaust, RRC inlet manifold and gasket, larger TB and a good tune. lol sounds like im getting ready for a 1/4 mile.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothaz View Post
    My sussy is great!! soooo comfortable and the sharp turn-ins are awesome. The car is so responsive now and so fun to drive. i still got heaps to do to my car. LSD, rear shims and alignment, headers and exhaust, RRC inlet manifold and gasket, larger TB and a good tune. lol sounds like im getting ready for a 1/4 mile.
    Those coilovers sound very convincing! Hope i get a ride in it sometime! I think you should install the LSD before you chase any more power, it is definately a huge improvement and I have yet to test it at the track but I personally believe that the extra power will be wasted unless the car is able to transfer it without breaking traction too easily which was the case when I first tracked the car.
    Nevertheless, I hope to see a good build from you Please keep the updates coming!

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Update - Wakefield Park Open Day 2nd Sept

As most of you are aware yesterday was pouring rain! The track was very wet and slippery, so the first few sessions were suicide! I was running semi slicks and you can imagine what happened right?!
    It wasn't until the last 2 sessions where the track was starting to dry up, once it did I was able to push the car to a higher limit, all I have to say now is the car has so much grip! With the LSD and semi-slicks the car understeers so little and grips all the way through the corners when you push the throttle! The endless MX72's are awesome! For normal street driving you can't feel such a big difference but on the track, it is unbelievable, the brakes are very consistenly without the need for ABS to kick in.

At the end of the day my PB is 1.18.4, my aim was 1.15 and I know i can definately improve on that - the track was not 100% dry so I was hesitating to push the car harder however from an improvisation view, I shaved off 5 seconds compared to my last PB time. I still need more practice, especially approaching the last corner which is where I particularly lose a lot of time. Hopefully, I can find a nice dry day seeing that spring is here and practise a littler bit more before I do anything else to the car.

Question - my mates STi recently bought new DBA4000 rotors and he is getting brake shudder after the track day, could they possibly be warped?? How can you tell and is it advisable to get them machined or will it affect the heat treatment on the rotor?

Pictures of the day:

Last edited by jyh888; 03-09-2010 at 12:36 PM.