Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sounds like the RE001 might be the way to go. I was also speaking to a tyre guy today and he said that the KU36 don't last as long although they are a decent tyre.

S2Krazy Array
    I have both. Re001 upfront and KU36 rears.

RE001's are due for replacement though, only because they were off an old set of 18's I had prior and the KU 36's were new when put on.

Bang for buck, the KU36 are a good tyre.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    I thought u had re01r?
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Michelin Pilot Sport2/3 are good and last longer than RE001s, they also "break out" more progressively when they get to their wear indicators. My S is quite taily on the RE001s (245/40/17) in the wet, past wear indicators.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ORT2&tab=Sizes

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    I have both. Re001 upfront and KU36 rears.

RE001's are due for replacement though, only because they were off an old set of 18's I had prior and the KU 36's were new when put on.

Bang for buck, the KU36 are a good tyre.
    Luders - Did u puchase the RE001's new? Or were they on wheels that u bought? So u prefer KU 36's - How long have u had these for?

I am going to get some quotes next week and see what's what. I would love to run 255 in the rears. That would be awesome! I even may!

The price is reasonable, but of course Tirerack is US based. I'll read some reviews on these. Maybe also get a few quotes on these. Although I do like a bit of tail spin in the wet I would prefer grip of course! hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    lol didn't u just say you wanted a tyre to last longer, afew post up. :P

RE001 performs better in the wet then the ku36 btw. But in the dry ku36 is better
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Quote Originally Posted by vyets View Post
    lol didn't u just say you wanted a tyre to last longer, afew post up. :P

RE001 performs better in the wet then the ku36 btw. But in the dry ku36 is better

LOL - Yeah I sure did. My comment was in ref. to the Michelin pilot sports. I think that the Ku36 have been taken out of the equation for me now.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    im about to buy new set of rims. Probs going for some enkei GTC01. was going to get 17x7 and 17x8s. can i go bigger without rolling the guards?

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Bass - I reckon the Michelins are worth the extra money over RE001s. The shipping for tirerack is about $250US to Sydney so unless a tyre shop here can give you a better deal thats just a guideline.

Quote Originally Posted by greek_rambos2k View Post
    im about to buy new set of rims. Probs going for some enkei GTC01. was going to get 17x7 and 17x8s. can i go bigger without rolling the guards?
    It would look weak as. 17x8 and 17x9 looks better but would need rolling. It really comes down to tyre size though and if your lowered.

If you run 215s on the front and 235s on the back and are at stock height you probably dont need to roll especially when you get an alignment with a bit of neg camber. Also depends on how low the offset of the wheels are

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=12

Check this sub forum, theres so many pictures in there.
    Last edited by jbird; 05-09-2010 at 05:27 PM.