Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4

Best Lock Nuts to get...

Hi guys....

Just wondering what lock nuts you guys put on your cars to prevent your wheels getting stolen?

Unfortunately I have to park on the street, don't have a driveway to pull into and I've bought some rims but haven't put them on yet cos I still need to buy tyres and some lock nuts...

Opinions please...thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    any lock nut set, buy a club lock, use your steering lock, park as close as you can to the kerb without damaging your wheels and full lock the steering wheel to kerb
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    get ones that nobody else has! ie. dont get them from kmart.super cheap etc or tyre places. i got a set with my rims from the tyre shop n my mate also got a diff set of rims from a diff tyre shop n we have the same lock nuts.
    NEW hondata s200. Melb only

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, AP1
    or you can get volk racing formula nut set, pretty pricey but they are top quality and they look bling and its really hard to steal because of its unique heptagon key. you can buy them on ebay.co.uk for around 250 shipped which is cheap compared to the 440 that traders sell in australia.

or you can buy any nuts that require heptagon shaped keys.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    rays? get it from yonas

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4
    eh, total noob question but what is the difference between the nuts? there's short and log and different styles...i'm a bit confused!?
    if it helps i will be putting buddyclub p1s on..

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    hex nuts are that rare, you can get them from any tyre shop along with the hex key. i think its just to suit or clear certain wheels. or just for looks.
    personally i wouldnt worry too much about ppl tryingt o steal your wheels, no matter what lock nuts you have, if somebody really wants to steal it, they will find a way.maybe invest in a good alarm system aswell? always gona be harder to steal if the alarm is beeping away
    NEW hondata s200. Melb only

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If you're really worries just buy 4 different sets of lock nuts and have 4 different nuts on each wheel lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    lower yr car to a point that u can't slip a jack under it
    if so u would need a hydro sussy lol

guys

thieves PROWL this forum too.

ANY lock nuts will not deter people to steal your rims - it takes the same amount of time to remove a basic lock nut compared to a very sophisticated one.The best defence is an alarm that has good reliable sensors that will alert you or others nearby about the movement. Or just dont park anywhere suss/not travelled by people.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Or if you can avoid it, don't park your baby in private like me.

It's better now, but when I first bought my EF8 I couldn't sit in a cafe if I wasn't able to see the car lol. Was afraid somebody would steal my indicators or door/trolley the panels

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    try 2 x diff sets - mix'n match IMO, jus dont lose the keys