Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    just look at it and drive it and you understand.....better than any front drive car from europe..(wheels magazine) nuff said..
    Agree - the first time I pushed it around a corner I was impressed. I also liked how the engine was so smooth and the technology for the money (VSA, EBD, seat airbags... etc etc). The Mazda 6 was cheaper but lacked the polish of the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    Agree - the first time I pushed it around a corner I was impressed. I also liked how the engine was so smooth and the technology for the money (VSA, EBD, seat airbags... etc etc). The Mazda 6 was cheaper but lacked the polish of the Euro.
    drove the 6 and it just didnt have enough to make me sign on the dotted line...btw it was cheaper...drove the liberty 2.5i ,while this is a very nice smooth classy refined car,it just lacked the power to really explore the awd potential. but the euro got me straight away and then i drove it and i had to have it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Honda Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by albii
    just look at it and drive it and you understand.....better than any front drive car from europe..(wheels magazine) nuff said..
    I'll second this, having driven a few tail-draggers in all my 23 years (do I sound old and wise enough???) the Euro's a good one. And I haven't come across that nasty kickback through the steering you get in FWD cars over bumps either

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512
    hahaha u said it |N|. pimpin to the max. even as a stocker.
    whack a bodykit and some phat rims on it......phwoarrrrrrrr.......
    uhehehehe ONE WORD

P.I.M.P

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    yes
    PIMP sums it up

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Maz 6 Lux sport was my first preference until Honda release Euro in Mid 2003.
    Euro's technology and interior finish out performed 6's. IF Euro had standard 17" wheel for 03, 04 models, it would make the car 12/10 in satisfaction scale.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Because I couldnt afford my M3 as yet.

Firstly, great thread...have really enjoyed reading all of your comments about the Euro.

For me, I would have to say the Euro is one of the best cars I have ever owned or driven (and I've owned seven now!).

I was originally looking at a BMW 320i which I test drove and was very impressed by. However, the car felt heavy and sluggish and not worth the 74K asking price!

I then decided to save my money and put off being another tosser in a black BMW for a few more years and started looking at something a bit more sensible. The Euro, Mazda 6, Mazda SP 23, Subaru Liberty and VW Bora came to mind.

Let's just cut the crap and say the Euro shits all over the rest of these cars. I even looked at a Liberty GT and preferred the Euro. (appart from the fact that I could not justify 60K for a subaru, I think the Euro matches it in everything except sheer power, and even that can be clawed back by spending some $$ on the Euro).

My previous car was an S15 200SX. Bought it new and owned it for three years. I loved it but it was not very practical and drank more than an Australian Test Cricketer! That was a real drivers car for all the usual reasons and I think the Euro is too, only for different reasons.

All in all, the Euro is a car that competes with cars 20, 30 or even 40K more expensive than it, and it does so very competently (my dad has a Merc C200K which he paid over 90K for and the Euro's ride, handling and creature comforts are just as good!).

So in summary, I would have to say that we have all made a very wise choice with the Euro, and one that will be reinforced for many years to come!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05
    for me it happen spontantiously.

my brother was a honda salesman and i was looking for a new car in a few months around the 20k mark.

Was talking to him he said i could get a ex-demo integra luxury for 33k i said its a bit out of my price range but ill check it out. So i went down looked at the teg then said for 34k cant i pretty much get a euro. he said i should be able to get that price. So i looked at the euro took it for a spin at that stage i was sold.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2jz
    Simple, because its good to drive and nice to look at. Mazda 6 is cheaper though still a good car. But the euro is better.
    Mazda 6 luxury sports hatch aint much cheaper than a euro luxury...

our choices were Mazda 6
    Toyota camry V6 sportivo
    and the euro luxury

didnt choose the mazda coz its underpowered compared to the euro (engine displacement is only 0.1L different but the difference in power is fairly big)

The camry was a def. no-go... just couldnt see the justification of paying 40 000+ for a camry... engine is pretty weak for its size as well... 3.0L V6 with abt 14x kw.

The Euro has 140kw from a 2.4L I4...

it was pretty much a no brainer

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Honda Accord Euro
    I had to sell my DC5R because I had a baby on the way and there was no baby harness hook in the teg (and its a 2 door), so I had to look for another car. The choices at the time were:

- Subaru liberty GT
    - Mazda 6 hatch sports
    - Euro

My first preference was the GT, because of the performance and also I wanted to try another car manufacturer besides honda. But because of a few financial issues (just bought a house, etc) , I couldn't afford the GT, so it came down to the 6 and the euro. Still at this point I was leaning towards the 6 over the euro, until one saturday when I test drove both cars back to back. There was no comparison - the euro won hands down. Now Im happy that I didn't just go straight for the GT and DID test drive the euro (thanks to the wife).

bought it for it's engine.