Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Track Prep FN2R

Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    I guess we all on the same boat! Hmm, ill try to make that track day, are you from sydney?
    yes i am from sydney. If your interested in modding your car, drop me a pm causes im importing some stuff for the k20 motor, i also can get brakes and sussy for a good price.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Im glad you posted this! I thought i was the only one with this problem...it seems like our cars are very sensitive to air flow changes, are you going to get a full tune? You also have headers and catback exhaust? Please let me know how it goes after the tune, im also very interested in the results and dyno chart please!

Burpling? Nope not that I am aware of....but the engine does sound a little odd during start up, idle sounds very rough and not as smooth
    I've just got a catback exhaust and the injen intake (v1), initially i will go with the tune that is provided based on the parts i have he said he can tune it without the car needing to be on the dyno but he said it won't be perfect but pertty close. At a first glance its quite expensive to get tuning done here in perth so i've still got to look around a little bit and see what else is available. based on how i feel with the initial uploaded map i'll go from there to see if i need to do a dyno tune. i should know by the end of september if i'm getting flashpro or not

i got both installed at the same time but becuase the car is running rich...just driving around normally i've got a light burple and soft pops as i downshift or let go of the throttle, when slowing down at a traffic light in 2nd around 1,000rpm it burples quite a bit. considering that (and after installing the raizin unit) i'm quite surprised that fuel economy is sitting at 8.6L/100km atm with a bit of spirited driving hahah
    n3rb-alicious !

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by br3nny View Post
    I've just got a catback exhaust and the injen intake (v1), initially i will go with the tune that is provided based on the parts i have he said he can tune it without the car needing to be on the dyno but he said it won't be perfect but pertty close. At a first glance its quite expensive to get tuning done here in perth so i've still got to look around a little bit and see what else is available. based on how i feel with the initial uploaded map i'll go from there to see if i need to do a dyno tune. i should know by the end of september if i'm getting flashpro or not

i got both installed at the same time but becuase the car is running rich...just driving around normally i've got a light burple and soft pops as i downshift or let go of the throttle, when slowing down at a traffic light in 2nd around 1,000rpm it burples quite a bit. considering that (and after installing the raizin unit) i'm quite surprised that fuel economy is sitting at 8.6L/100km atm with a bit of spirited driving hahah
    From my research, I found that all intakes fitted on the FN2R will produce a very rich AFR, even the base map on flashpro (group N) is fairly rich but with its convenient live datalogger it should be fairly easy to tune the AFR. If you intend to mod your car definately get flashpro, ive heard great reviews about it. For now, im going to revert back to stock airbox before i have enough funds to change manifold and catback and pay for a full tune.

8.6L is very efficient! Mine sits anywhere from 9-11L/100km depending on how I drive.

Anyway, if you do go ahead with flashpro, please keep me updated on the progress and results!

Yea I think i've come to the conclusion that the car is running rich - do you know if there is a standard map on the flashpro that will help? I can't really justify paying for a full tune with just an intake...but im not sure if it actually causes a loss in power...it definately does pull harder at the higher rev range but then again it could be just the induction sound lol. Have you got an intake fitted with flashpro or similar?

Yea the 18s weighed too much, 17s are lighter and tyres are cheaper too

I think the stock suspension handles very well, so I am not yet changing it
    I thought about buyin an intake but I decided to just get a K&N panel filter for the mean while. Ive just bought a set of 18" re30 volks supposed to be very light so should help with some of the weight. I had my car at weight bridge the other night and totally standard it is 1315kg. That is seriously heavy.

Think im going to get a set of abp eibach springs and lower it 35mm and also setup the front camber and toe to help with understeer.

Think after that I will get flashpro and maybe get etune. Guy civicrsa is doing it on other forums. You send him your datalogs and he sends you a map. He gets great reviews.

If your doing track days you should look into a light bucket seat and strip out them heavy seats.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf_FN2 View Post
    I thought about buyin an intake but I decided to just get a K&N panel filter for the mean while. Ive just bought a set of 18" re30 volks supposed to be very light so should help with some of the weight. I had my car at weight bridge the other night and totally standard it is 1315kg. That is seriously heavy.

Think im going to get a set of abp eibach springs and lower it 35mm and also setup the front camber and toe to help with understeer.

Think after that I will get flashpro and maybe get etune. Guy civicrsa is doing it on other forums. You send him your datalogs and he sends you a map. He gets great reviews.

If your doing track days you should look into a light bucket seat and strip out them heavy seats.
    thats good to hear..i'm planning on getting it through joel at drivencrazy and he said he can upload a map for me based on what i have (just need to pull the intake apart to measure the diameter of where the MAF sensor is)

FYI if you have any places with hills or high kerbs i'd look twice at getting the 35mm eibach ones...i only JUST clear mine by a hairline otherwise be in for a few scrapes here n there
    n3rb-alicious !

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by br3nny View Post
    thats good to hear..i'm planning on getting it through joel at drivencrazy and he said he can upload a map for me based on what i have (just need to pull the intake apart to measure the diameter of where the MAF sensor is)

FYI if you have any places with hills or high kerbs i'd look twice at getting the 35mm eibach ones...i only JUST clear mine by a hairline otherwise be in for a few scrapes here n there
    The driven crazy intake sounds very promising, i am going to singapore on friday so i will be speaking to joel about this issue! Hopefully he can give me some solutions, it seems that with the intake running stock map the car gains 10hp.
    If anyone is interested, possibly i could do a group buy and save on shipping costs

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    I'd be interested in the group buy if that includes the scoop and filter

might be interested as well depend on the price

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Version 7 STi
    Well DONE JYH! excellent work mate shaving 5 seconds, but i thought your PB was 1:20 for the first time? but yeah man your car was so fun to drive, I was astonished at how poised it was in corners. For those who don't know the STi that Jyh has mentioned is mine, I had done maybe 1300km on the rotors bedded them in doing hard stops 80km/h to 20km/h. I think the mistake was actually running the old pads which obviously had gone past there heat range hence the crumbling. But yeah for all those who want to upgrade the brakes on a DC5R or FN2R dixcel rotors and endless MX72 pads are a must for these cars as the braking confidence is just fantastic

I can supply the scoop'in, pod filter kit and flashpro from driven.

Let me know how low you can go with the price and I'll see if I can beat it.
    Last edited by Smoothaz; 09-09-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Good stuff getting out there with the FN2R mate,

I went down to wakefield with my mates and drove his fn2r for a session to see what it's like. His car was bone stock with 20000km old RE050s but I must admit it was quite fun to drive. Very predictable through corners. The short gearing is awesome around the track. I think your best upgrade would be front brakes though, whether it be rotors/pads or an overhaul has I had to brake extremely early, especially at turn 2, fishhook and turn 12 coming onto the straight. I clocked 1.16.5 in it so keep driving mate, plenty in the car.