Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: insurance

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    i paid 25k for my s2k and when i called up AAMI they told me my car was worth 20. if you tell them to ensure it for the price you want then they will coz they changed mine to 25k coz i told them too

Member Array
    Car:
    MY01' S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by greek_rambos2k View Post
    i paid 25k for my s2k and when i called up AAMI they told me my car was worth 20. if you tell them to ensure it for the price you want then they will coz they changed mine to 25k coz i told them too
    yeah ofcourse they will, although your annual premiums will go up because your asking for a higher coverage rate.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    premium is only 880

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 S2000 and 94 prelude
    Your paying about the same as I am

Quote Originally Posted by VeYzZii View Post
    Emre, you from auburn or something?
    Yeh brother u too?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2k
    Hi guys,

The first year I had my K, I was insured with Justcars. It was a competitive quote since I'm under 25 and my K has mods. But come renewal time, they decided to drop my "agreed value" by $15000 (without consulting me!) "due to a drop in the market value" whilst still expecting me to pay them the same premium, even though I'd notified them of additional $$$ modifications. So I shopped around, and found that almost all insurers wouldn't even insure me for the value of the car due to it's long list of mods including pearlescent paint which immediately meant that most companies couldn't cover me, and also the fact that I'm under 25. So I was ready to accept signing with Shannons who couldn't give me cover for the agreed value I wanted to be covered for over the phone, so they set up an inspection, and were very happy to insure me once they'd seen the car in it's immaculate modified state for whatever value I wanted; of course, my premium was going to be a few thousand more per year than it was, but I felt like it was my only option.
    Until I found The Buzz Insurance! They were relatively new then, and I worried it was all online, but they are underwritten by Insurance Australia and I needed to speak to one of their staff in order to apply to have it insured because all of my mods aren't even available to select on their online options when you apply. So I spoke to their staff over the phone a few times, and they were very helpful, and allowed me to give them very specific details of all my mods and prices paid and they were happy to increase my value to more than what their upper limits would allow (based on standard year/condition/kms of the car) because mine has new mods, low kms, in great condition. So the fact that I know they are actually 'real people', easily contactable, and they cover my K and all of its mods for a value I am comfortable with, for a reasonable premium meant I went with them.
    And as everyone has already said- always declare all mods, and be specific too.
    Cheers guys hope that helps!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    you guys must live in areas that have really low prices for insurance as location is used as a major factor in the price you pay PA, my insurance is $2500, its under my mums name and she hasn't had a claim or crash in her fault ever, shes never lost a point on her liscence either and shes got that star 1 rating or whatever its called, i tell them that i park in an undercover area at the back of my driveway and i only drive to uni and back and the occasional weekend spin (well my mum did as im the designated driver ) but still the price is fkn shit... and that was like the cheapest price .. but i guess the good thing is, its covered for $31000 and as a 02 model it doesn't have the glass window tho and no tweeters, but when the car sold to the first owner it was an '02 and registered with the RTA as an 02.. clueless about that but still i guess if anything happened i get good claims. (I'd rather it didn't tho lol )