Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Integra

Exclamation O NOES - Sunroof won't close

Hey guys and girls,

I recently (today) got a new sunroof switch for my DC4, and while it opens the sunroof, it doesn't close it. At first, I thought it might just need to be lubricated, but I don't hear any noises from the sunroof motor, so I'm guessing the switch I bought was a dud.

I'm hoping it's not the switch, because wreckers don't stock parts for Integras here, and the closest wrecker is out in Sydney!!

Can someone please help me

Thank You
    Avalon Shotkicker

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    That sucks... You probably already know this but just in case you don't (and it means you can still drive it in the rain) there is a tab just above the rear passenger's heads. Get a screw driver and turn it. This will manually close it the sunroof.

With regards to actually fixing the issue, unfortunately I don't know =(

If that doesn't work, Glad Wrap...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Man, I feel your pain. I'm in canberra too and no one does hondas

I had to get my stuff from Honbits in sydney.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 Integra

The sunroof is closed - now to find a new switch

Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    That sucks... You probably already know this but just in case you don't (and it means you can still drive it in the rain) there is a tab just above the rear passenger's heads. Get a screw driver and turn it. This will manually close it the sunroof.(
    Unfortunately, Only half the manual came with the car, and the problem solving chapter (which included manually closing it) was missing. Thanks for the help!! I closed it with that method (I took out the tab and used the included sunroof crank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Man, I feel your pain. I'm in canberra too and no one does hondas

I had to get my stuff from Honbits in sydney.
    True, especially when your friends with Excels, Commodores and Falcons can get parts from everywhere!!

I bought the switch from Honbits, and they should expect a phone call from me this week!!