Car:
    dc5r
    if i was you ...i would use genuine high performance honda oil

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by mikul View Post
    if i was you ...i would use genuine high performance honda oil
    What oil is that? Honda Australia only sells genuine Honda Fuel Efficient Oil (FEO).

I admit the JDM Honda Gold oil is very nice being a group IV synthetic, but it is not readily available here.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Thanks for the advice... so does it matter how many kms the engine has done when choosing an oil? My car has done 75,000km so does that mean I should be looking out for a different type compared to when I have done 150,000 km

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinga77 View Post
    Thanks for the advice... so does it matter how many kms the engine has done when choosing an oil? My car has done 75,000km so does that mean I should be looking out for a different type compared to when I have done 150,000 km
    You choose based on your engine condition. Relying on number of kms alone only tells half the story. I would choose an oil and stick to it until you get signs of an old engine. If by the time you reach 150,000km and the engine doesn't burn any oil, just stick to the same oil that you are using.

my car reccomends 0w-20 oil do you think its ok for me to change it to 5w-30?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc View Post
    my car reccomends 0w-20 oil do you think its ok for me to change it to 5w-30?
    What car do you have?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Hi, was planning to post a new topic, but think here might be the place.

I have been told by my housemate that I should try some 0w-50 in my car. I have a 2002 ITR thats done 90000km closing in on the 100000km service. I was planning to experiment with this change in oil as my housemate has owned an assortment of cars and I trust and heed his words. But has anyone tried this before and results? I do oil changes every 8000km so its about due for another one.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    hey guys would anyone know if i would lose power if i use motul 5W40 oil? or the 10W40? http://www.motul.com.au/product_line...4stroke03.html
    currently using castrol edge sport 5w30. would there be any noticeable power loses? if any

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Use mobil 1 oils, I've used penrite 10W-50, and used Royal purple 10-40W twice, and now I'm hooked to Mobil 1 5W-30. It's an insane oil, you'll feel the difference and notice low fuel consumption aswell.

of course you'll notice better fuel consumption when going from 50 to 40 to 30.

has nothing to do with brand but more so the viscosity.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    I'm about to try Motul 300V 5w-40. It is highly recommended in Japan for street and track cars alike. Apparently there is a noticeable difference in acceleration, smoothness and oil reducing. At $90 for 4L though it is worth experimenting with. Will post my results as they come to hand.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Ok guys did my oil change yesterday. I instantly noticed a difference in power delivery, not sure if it's just fresh oil but anyways it is a lot smoother and the acceleration of the car is more precise. Worth my recommendation although the price is a bit high.

By the way, has anyone tried out the new FEO Ultra 5w-30 synthetic that Honda has produce? I went to buy my oil filter and washer and noticed it, they said it was literally brand new. Only recommended in 2001 and up vehicles and that Honda finally decided to test and produce something synthetic for the consumer market. If anyone tries this oil please post results.