Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OZHBlue View Post
    From my understanding they're a projector upgrade for your stock H4 bulb, which has high and low in the same bulb. The HID upgrade (kev has already mentioned they're RMB230) would be a H4 HID which would have both high and low in one bulb. There are several methods for this and the latest and preferable is a bi xenon setup which uses a solenoid to control power to either of the 2 HID filaments contained in the single bulb.
    The question is whether these are designed with proper housings for the heat created by HID bulbs. If the internal surface is plastic or a cheap metal it can melt or distort. This also causes additional problems if the seal gets damaged and water enters the housing.
    As the Honda Jazz in Oceania is the same design as the JDM we can direct order many different types of headlights for our cars. I prefer this setup to the others as it's cleaner and looks like a retrofit of a projector housing into a stock Jazz headlamp.
    The other projectors I referred to have separated the low and high bulbs and usually do a LED upgrade for the DRL or parking lights. Heaps on ebay australia here - http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_...All-Categories
    Yes i know exactly what you talking about .. I supply HID & LED in another forum ... so i know roughly how things works ..
    And i'm asking the same question .. if it's just a projector lens in front of the H4 Hi/Lo bulb then .. personally i think it's bit of waste ..
    But if it comes in a proper projector with housing (set up for bi-xenon) i would be very interested !

yes this set up is very clean .... not really into those one they selling at Ebay (with high & low beam separated)

Anyway it would be great to have closer look at this .. as i have done all the interior light , parkers & number plate ... all i want is proper HID for the headlight ..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    Hey hks180. Are you from sydney?? I could show you the lights once ive got them as ive no idea what you guys are talking about. Also i want to get some LED as well since you selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by big_kev View Post
    Hey hks180. Are you from sydney?? I could show you the lights once ive got them as ive no idea what you guys are talking about. Also i want to get some LED as well since you selling them.
    Yup im in Sydney ...

That would be great ,,, Just PM me .. i'll meet up with you and i'll bring the jazz and LED to show you what i've done !

Thanks mate

Leo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    Just got my lights today..will upload some photo tonight..cant wait to put it on the car

that would be great ... might catch up with you one day ... and check them out in person ~

Leo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    Yeah man..but you have to come to my place as i got my license suspended i think i will get it install this weekend..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CM2 AccordWagon
    Hey mate, how'd the install go? Updates? Pics? Keen to get some!

i have installed these for Kev last sunday ... the head light looks pretty good it's got proper bi-xenon (hi/lo HID) projector. Headlight is not perfect (fitment) but ok for aftermarket.

took around 3 hrs to install .... im happy to get one .... if we get enough people ..

Leo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    Sorry guys..been very busy latly and dont have time to update..lights was pretty good. Like hks180 said, fitment is not perfect. Last week i went car lover to wash the car and try to see if any water will get into the lights using those high presure gun and turn out all good. Im very happy with it.

hks180: sorry man..didnt reply your msg..my gf is going to buyer a new car soon so she dont want to spend any money on it.

Heres some more photo of it:

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Civic hatch; 06 jazz

Aftermarket HID

Fitment of aftermarket HID lights is actually illegal in Australia unless they are self leveling and self cleaning.
    Beware! you can get an infringement notice.
    You forgot to conceal your numberplate.